Page 6 of 7

Re: Seller's Market

Posted: June 27 18, 2:34 pm
by CardsofSTL
tlombard wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:Congrats MCG...I'll send you a potted plant.
I read that as pot plant at first and was pretty sure you shouldn't be putting that out there publicly.

Reading comprehension is hard.
Nothing I said rules that out as a possibility.

Re: Seller's Market

Posted: June 27 18, 2:48 pm
by G. Keenan
CardsofSTL wrote:
tlombard wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:Congrats MCG...I'll send you a potted plant.
I read that as pot plant at first and was pretty sure you shouldn't be putting that out there publicly.

Reading comprehension is hard.
Nothing I said rules that out as a possibility.
Well as long as you're sending out pot plants, I also happen to have recently purchased a home. Just sayin' . . .

Re: Seller's Market

Posted: June 27 18, 3:11 pm
by stlouie_lipp
The market really is hot right now. I don't necessarily want/need to move, but I am contemplating listing my townhouse just to take advantage of it. I bought it in 2008 and think I could sell it for what I bought it for. I'd take that.

Re: Seller's Market

Posted: June 27 18, 3:12 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
CardsofSTL wrote:
tlombard wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:Congrats MCG...I'll send you a potted plant.
I read that as pot plant at first and was pretty sure you shouldn't be putting that out there publicly.

Reading comprehension is hard.
Nothing I said rules that out as a possibility.

This makes me laugh because a co-worker nearly had some trouble after his sister tried sending him pot in the mail (unsolicited).

Re: Seller's Market

Posted: June 27 18, 4:11 pm
by CardsofSTL
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
tlombard wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:Congrats MCG...I'll send you a potted plant.
I read that as pot plant at first and was pretty sure you shouldn't be putting that out there publicly.

Reading comprehension is hard.
Nothing I said rules that out as a possibility.

This makes me laugh because a co-worker nearly had some trouble after his sister tried sending him pot in the mail (unsolicited).
I do know a guy in Denver..........

Re: Seller's Market

Posted: June 27 18, 4:21 pm
by lukethedrifter
stlouie_lipp wrote:The market really is hot right now. I don't necessarily want/need to move, but I am contemplating listing my townhouse just to take advantage of it. I bought it in 2008 and think I could sell it for what I bought it for. I'd take that.
Where you gonna sleep?

Re: Seller's Market

Posted: June 27 18, 4:23 pm
by thrill
stlouie_lipp wrote:The market really is hot right now. I don't necessarily want/need to move, but I am contemplating listing my townhouse just to take advantage of it. I bought it in 2008 and think I could sell it for what I bought it for. I'd take that.
My parents are doing some similar speculation. Their house is finally back to what they bought it for before the crash and they're at a point in their life where they want to downsize, so they're going to sell, rent, and see what happens with the market in the next few years before they buy the house they'll retire in.

Re: Seller's Market

Posted: June 27 18, 4:58 pm
by Famous Mortimer
My offer was accepted, the mortgage is progressing smoothly, the inspection went okay, and now I'm just waiting for the signing of the contracts and all that, which should hopefully be in about 10 days. Then, I'll be a homeowner too, and you can all pop round for a housewarming.

Re: Seller's Market

Posted: June 27 18, 6:05 pm
by haltz
MrCrowesGarden wrote:I’m officially a homeowner.
Congrats, and try and take it easy on the projects. I filled a dumpster with floors and ceilings and trim in February and I'm just now at the point where we can hopefully move in sometime soon.

Re: Seller's Market

Posted: June 27 18, 6:10 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
haltz wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:I’m officially a homeowner.
Congrats, and try and take it easy on the projects. I filled a dumpster with floors and ceilings and trim in February and I'm just now at the point where we can hopefully move in sometime soon.

Will do. Fortunately the house is essentially move-in ready, although my wife has already gotten to work painting some accent walls. Outside of some fairly small stuff like replacing the mulch around the house with river rock, I don't see too many major DIY projects.