I always wondered about this myself. Unless you knew who she was, who would recognize someone from a 5 minute clip? The internet has kind of killed the "porn star".IMADreamer wrote:I'm not sure I will ever get used to having strangers recognize my gf. It's always at a concert and always at the Pageant. What does that say about the Pageant? Anyway she played it off cool last night and told the guy he had the wrong girl. He didn't believe her but after some bluffing he was like oh sorry I guess I do have the wrong girl. The guy knew her real name, which is super weird.
I kind of get it if your Jenna Jamison. People will probably always recognize you. I find it a little weird though that people recognize my gf who had a career but was certainly never some big name star. She's also changed her hair a lot since then and generally always has clothes on so I'm surprised people recognize her.
Porn
- stlouie_lipp
- Hallelujah Brother
- Posts: 13380
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Re: Porn
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12890
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Porn
I will call this post a tale of two pornstars.
I guess when you are in the business of porn you become friends with porn people. Michelle has three friends from the industry she keeps in touch with. It's not uncommon for once a month for at least one of them to come hang out for the weekend. One in particular is usually here once a month. She is I think someone a lot of guys would know. I recognized her porn name when Michelle told it to me, although I did not recognize her. I really don't feel like I watch a lot of porn so I gotta think she's recognizable. Anyway, she very much does not have her life together. She is a very nice girl but she kind of jumps from live in boyfriend to live in boyfriend. I gather she isn't particularly smart with her money but I think she makes really good money.
Usually when she comes here (she normally lives in Chicago, or at least that's where she is from) she is just here for a quiet weekend. As she puts it "to get away from all the craziness." They do a lot of girl stuff together, movies on the couch, wine drinking, doing each others nails. I don't get involved much but there is still this underlying something that I can't put my finger on where she's just a little off. Very nice, very respectful, but just can't get past being a bit self destructive.
I think that is where Michelle differs from her greatly. I sort of get that Michelle never really had that self destructive streak. Sure a low self esteem at some points but she never really got herself into these holes and bad situations. In fact I think after she left home to some extent she went the opposite way to avoid them.
I'm kind of just musing here, because I sure the hell can't do it to my real world friends. It makes me wonder what percentage of people in that business are self destructive like that? Kind of keep sabotaging their own life. I'm not even talking drugs either. Just stupid behavior that puts you in bad places.
I guess when you are in the business of porn you become friends with porn people. Michelle has three friends from the industry she keeps in touch with. It's not uncommon for once a month for at least one of them to come hang out for the weekend. One in particular is usually here once a month. She is I think someone a lot of guys would know. I recognized her porn name when Michelle told it to me, although I did not recognize her. I really don't feel like I watch a lot of porn so I gotta think she's recognizable. Anyway, she very much does not have her life together. She is a very nice girl but she kind of jumps from live in boyfriend to live in boyfriend. I gather she isn't particularly smart with her money but I think she makes really good money.
Usually when she comes here (she normally lives in Chicago, or at least that's where she is from) she is just here for a quiet weekend. As she puts it "to get away from all the craziness." They do a lot of girl stuff together, movies on the couch, wine drinking, doing each others nails. I don't get involved much but there is still this underlying something that I can't put my finger on where she's just a little off. Very nice, very respectful, but just can't get past being a bit self destructive.
I think that is where Michelle differs from her greatly. I sort of get that Michelle never really had that self destructive streak. Sure a low self esteem at some points but she never really got herself into these holes and bad situations. In fact I think after she left home to some extent she went the opposite way to avoid them.
I'm kind of just musing here, because I sure the hell can't do it to my real world friends. It makes me wonder what percentage of people in that business are self destructive like that? Kind of keep sabotaging their own life. I'm not even talking drugs either. Just stupid behavior that puts you in bad places.
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Porn
There are just people that always make bad decisions. Obviously, not just a porn industry thing. Although maybe that industry is a natural attractor for the type of people that make bad choices. I am sure there are also smart, savvy, level-headed people in the industry as well... I digress... I just think there are people in all walks of life that perpetually make bad decisions. They just can't help it. It's like a train wreck.IMADreamer wrote:I will call this post a tale of two pornstars.
I guess when you are in the business of porn you become friends with porn people. Michelle has three friends from the industry she keeps in touch with. It's not uncommon for once a month for at least one of them to come hang out for the weekend. One in particular is usually here once a month. She is I think someone a lot of guys would know. I recognized her porn name when Michelle told it to me, although I did not recognize her. I really don't feel like I watch a lot of porn so I gotta think she's recognizable. Anyway, she very much does not have her life together. She is a very nice girl but she kind of jumps from live in boyfriend to live in boyfriend. I gather she isn't particularly smart with her money but I think she makes really good money.
Usually when she comes here (she normally lives in Chicago, or at least that's where she is from) she is just here for a quiet weekend. As she puts it "to get away from all the craziness." They do a lot of girl stuff together, movies on the couch, wine drinking, doing each others nails. I don't get involved much but there is still this underlying something that I can't put my finger on where she's just a little off. Very nice, very respectful, but just can't get past being a bit self destructive.
I think that is where Michelle differs from her greatly. I sort of get that Michelle never really had that self destructive streak. Sure a low self esteem at some points but she never really got herself into these holes and bad situations. In fact I think after she left home to some extent she went the opposite way to avoid them.
I'm kind of just musing here, because I sure the hell can't do it to my real world friends. It makes me wonder what percentage of people in that business are self destructive like that? Kind of keep sabotaging their own life. I'm not even talking drugs either. Just stupid behavior that puts you in bad places.
"I know I shouldn't spend my whole paycheck on video games..."
"I know I shouldn't try this meth..."
"I know I shouldn't screw this girl without a condom..."
"I know I shouldn't do this porno video..."
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12890
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Porn
I think this topic is worth a bump even though it's in social, now that Trump has mentioned prosecuting porn. What does he mean by that? Who will he prosecute. We have had some pretty frank discussions about this at our house lately because what does it mean for a girl who did porn? Will she be seen as a criminal? Will they come for her? Will they come for what is surely the hundreds of thousands if not millions of girls who have photos of them having sex on the internet? It sounds ridiculous on the surface but it's really not when you think back through human history. You know how sometimes you say well if things get bad I'd just move to Canada or whatever, but in a fleeting moment it hits you that you may have to actually do that to protect someone you love.
- Schlich
- Don't tone police me bro!
- Posts: 10841
- Joined: July 1 06, 7:24 pm
- Location: Lost in the Cloud
Re: Porn
I would imagine they would just go after distributors or go the censorship route if they do anything at all.IMADreamer wrote:I think this topic is worth a bump even though it's in social, now that Trump has mentioned prosecuting porn. What does he mean by that? Who will he prosecute. We have had some pretty frank discussions about this at our house lately because what does it mean for a girl who did porn? Will she be seen as a criminal? Will they come for her? Will they come for what is surely the hundreds of thousands if not millions of girls who have photos of them having sex on the internet? It sounds ridiculous on the surface but it's really not when you think back through human history. You know how sometimes you say well if things get bad I'd just move to Canada or whatever, but in a fleeting moment it hits you that you may have to actually do that to protect someone you love.
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12890
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Porn
You would think that right but I don't know. It'd a brave new world now.Schlich wrote:I would imagine they would just go after distributors or go the censorship route if they do anything at all.IMADreamer wrote:I think this topic is worth a bump even though it's in social, now that Trump has mentioned prosecuting porn. What does he mean by that? Who will he prosecute. We have had some pretty frank discussions about this at our house lately because what does it mean for a girl who did porn? Will she be seen as a criminal? Will they come for her? Will they come for what is surely the hundreds of thousands if not millions of girls who have photos of them having sex on the internet? It sounds ridiculous on the surface but it's really not when you think back through human history. You know how sometimes you say well if things get bad I'd just move to Canada or whatever, but in a fleeting moment it hits you that you may have to actually do that to protect someone you love.
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18723
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: Porn
I CAN FIND MY SOULMATE!?!?!?! of course they post in the porn threadArthur967 wrote:Hi! If you are looking for a real soulmate you could visit http://www.cupid.com/are-you-looking-for-love.htm and have no problem. Just chat and have some fun. Date and talk online. And you will never be lonely.
- wart57
- just can't quit you.
- Posts: 25075
- Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
- Location: Lost
Re: Porn
You can buy them on the internet...cardinalkarp wrote:I CAN FIND MY SOULMATE!?!?!?! of course they post in the porn threadArthur967 wrote:Hi! If you are looking for a real soulmate you could visit http://www.cupid.com/are-you-looking-for-love.htm and have no problem. Just chat and have some fun. Date and talk online. And you will never be lonely.






.jpg)
