Page 48 of 64
Re: 2017 College Football Thread
Posted: November 29 17, 11:32 am
by Transmogrified Tiger
Brohm seems like an interesting enough coach, and any coaching hire is basically a dice roll, but it's striking to look at Brohm's resume compared to say, Butch Jones's before he went to Tennessee. I definitely get being underwhelmed, although at this point unless you convinced Gundy or Miles to take the money that was probably an inevitability. Brohm is a better pick, if higher variance, than Schiano though.
Re: 2017 College Football Thread
Posted: November 29 17, 11:34 am
by go birds
Spider John wrote:lukethedrifter wrote:go birds wrote:well the upside is that is that in 5 years when we are searching for a new head coach, the haslams should have relinquished power.
Not a fan of potential Brohm hire?
Not to speak for GB, but I'll bet he's talking about Miles.
no i was talking about brohm
Re: 2017 College Football Thread
Posted: November 29 17, 11:40 am
by Spider John
After I left here I saw the same post in a Vol forum, and assumed it was you.
I think the same thing would probably apply to Miles.
Brohm won six games this year at Purdue. the previous coach only won nine in four years. Definitely not my first choice, but at this point anyone with promise looks good.
Re: 2017 College Football Thread
Posted: November 29 17, 11:58 am
by Spider John
Brohm to be announced shortly as UT coach, per Jimmy Hyams.
Re: 2017 College Football Thread
Posted: November 29 17, 12:00 pm
by go birds
Re: 2017 College Football Thread
Posted: November 29 17, 12:15 pm
by go birds
well pump the breaks. not a done deal LOL
Re: 2017 College Football Thread
Posted: November 29 17, 12:18 pm
by cardinalkarp
Just reading this thread has made me dislike U. of Tennessee
Re: 2017 College Football Thread
Posted: November 29 17, 12:22 pm
by ndistops
Brohm could flame out, but he did a terrific job at WKU and turned Purdue, perhaps the most garbage program in the entire Power 5 save Kansas, into a bowl team overnight. For a big program, ideally you'd have liked to see what he would do for at least one more year at Purdue, but I think he'll do well. I was eyeing him as a potential Brian Kelly replacement down the line if he kept winning.
Re: 2017 College Football Thread
Posted: November 29 17, 12:37 pm
by vinsanity
UT better not poach my coach.
Re: 2017 College Football Thread
Posted: November 29 17, 1:28 pm
by Spider John
vinsanity wrote:UT better not poach my coach.
I have my doubts UT can poach an egg.