Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Socnorb11 wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:Poor Christians, always getting persecuted. You must have missed where I called Herm Edwards a hypocrite, same as I called Tony Dungy.

Read this very carefully: this isn't about religion. This is about someone having crappy opinions and claiming to be religious and open at the same time. When someone calls out a Christian it's not because of their faith itself, it's for the selective, hypocritical practicing of that faith.

You must have missed where I called Dungy a hypocrite, too.

I get it now. It's OK to have crappy opinions, as long as you're not a Christian. That kinda gives a free pass to the non-Christians, doesn't it?
Hahaha, no. Crappy opinions should always get called out regardless of faith. You just can't call them a hypocrite on top of that because they aren't claiming to be something they're not. Get it now?

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect

Post by Socnorb11 »

cardsfansince82 wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:Poor Christians, always getting persecuted. You must have missed where I called Herm Edwards a hypocrite, same as I called Tony Dungy.

Read this very carefully: this isn't about religion. This is about someone having crappy opinions and claiming to be religious and open at the same time. When someone calls out a Christian it's not because of their faith itself, it's for the selective, hypocritical practicing of that faith.

You must have missed where I called Dungy a hypocrite, too.

I get it now. It's OK to have crappy opinions, as long as you're not a Christian. That kinda gives a free pass to the non-Christians, doesn't it?
Hahaha, no. Crappy opinions should always get called out regardless of faith. You just can't call them a hypocrite on top of that because they aren't claiming to be something they're not. Get it now?
Except Christians aren't claiming to be perfect. They are prone to mistake & bad judgment, also.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect

Post by Jocephus »

Socnorb11 wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:Poor Christians, always getting persecuted. You must have missed where I called Herm Edwards a hypocrite, same as I called Tony Dungy.

Read this very carefully: this isn't about religion. This is about someone having crappy opinions and claiming to be religious and open at the same time. When someone calls out a Christian it's not because of their faith itself, it's for the selective, hypocritical practicing of that faith.

Christians ARE persecuted when they are openly Christian. Dungy is a perfect example. Outrage here because of what he said. Meanwhile, nobody knows that Herm Edwards is a Roman Catholic, so they aren't really angry about HIS opinion. (not you specifically, because you rightly called Edwards a hypocrite, too)


You must have missed where I called Dungy a hypocrite, too.

I get it now. It's OK to have crappy opinions, as long as you're not a Christian. That kinda gives a free pass to the non-Christians, doesn't it?
they're "persecuted" in the sense that people are willing to disagree and think that their centuries old texts are not relevant to todays society. particularly when they deal with bigotry.

maybe people werent ready to deal with it when herm said it? ok? why do things have to be on some timeline for you? why is it only valid if it corroborates with what you've seen/read/heard? things change. ideas change. claiming homosexuality would cause too much of a stir as a distraction is a lame idea. what about when danica started racing in NASCAR? sure people said things, but she got her shot. people want equality. thats what this [expletive] country is built on.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect

Post by Jocephus »

Socnorb11 wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:Poor Christians, always getting persecuted. You must have missed where I called Herm Edwards a hypocrite, same as I called Tony Dungy.

Read this very carefully: this isn't about religion. This is about someone having crappy opinions and claiming to be religious and open at the same time. When someone calls out a Christian it's not because of their faith itself, it's for the selective, hypocritical practicing of that faith.

You must have missed where I called Dungy a hypocrite, too.

I get it now. It's OK to have crappy opinions, as long as you're not a Christian. That kinda gives a free pass to the non-Christians, doesn't it?
Hahaha, no. Crappy opinions should always get called out regardless of faith. You just can't call them a hypocrite on top of that because they aren't claiming to be something they're not. Get it now?
Except Christians aren't claiming to be perfect. They are prone to mistake & bad judgment, also.
but you feel you have a truth that i do not, thus you will be rewarded. theres so much arrogance with religion. and yes, you make a mistake, PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES. both religious and non. most people can learn from them in some capacity. i dont, however, need to refer to a book or man in the sky to rectify it.

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Socnorb11 wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:Poor Christians, always getting persecuted. You must have missed where I called Herm Edwards a hypocrite, same as I called Tony Dungy.

Read this very carefully: this isn't about religion. This is about someone having crappy opinions and claiming to be religious and open at the same time. When someone calls out a Christian it's not because of their faith itself, it's for the selective, hypocritical practicing of that faith.

You must have missed where I called Dungy a hypocrite, too.

I get it now. It's OK to have crappy opinions, as long as you're not a Christian. That kinda gives a free pass to the non-Christians, doesn't it?
Hahaha, no. Crappy opinions should always get called out regardless of faith. You just can't call them a hypocrite on top of that because they aren't claiming to be something they're not. Get it now?
Except Christians aren't claiming to be perfect. They are prone to mistake & bad judgment, also.
I didn't say they were. But they do claim to love and accept everyone. You can't claim to love someone you are actively trying to deny basic rights and discriminate against. That's a weird kind of love, is it not?

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect

Post by Jocephus »

cardsfansince82 wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:Poor Christians, always getting persecuted. You must have missed where I called Herm Edwards a hypocrite, same as I called Tony Dungy.

Read this very carefully: this isn't about religion. This is about someone having crappy opinions and claiming to be religious and open at the same time. When someone calls out a Christian it's not because of their faith itself, it's for the selective, hypocritical practicing of that faith.

You must have missed where I called Dungy a hypocrite, too.

I get it now. It's OK to have crappy opinions, as long as you're not a Christian. That kinda gives a free pass to the non-Christians, doesn't it?
Hahaha, no. Crappy opinions should always get called out regardless of faith. You just can't call them a hypocrite on top of that because they aren't claiming to be something they're not. Get it now?
Except Christians aren't claiming to be perfect. They are prone to mistake & bad judgment, also.
I didn't say they were. But they do claim to love and accept everyone. You can't claim to love someone you are actively trying to deny basic rights and discriminate against. That's a weird kind of love, is it not?
but its not up to them, remember? its up to their god (who they willingly choose to follow)

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect

Post by lukethedrifter »

I love you despite you sodomizing ways.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect

Post by Michael »

Okay guys. Let's all take a deep breath.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect

Post by lukethedrifter »

I wasn't referring to you, Michael.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect

Post by Michael »

Well, that's a relief.

Post Reply