I had avoided this show, because I feel like I'd rather watch a dozen rom coms before the next comic book movie. Also, I'd read the book and seen the pretty crappy film adaptation of not so long ago. May have watched it sooner if I understood it was just the one season, or at least this story was.
But the show was incredible.
Very interesting to consider the creation of it. The creators seemed sensitive to the fact that the creator would hate it and hate them for making it. They clearly have the chops to write this story outside Alan Moore's world (which outside of Veidt, I'd argue, it barely occupies--Dr. Manhattan is a take on the kind of character we see all the time), but they still chose to do it.
Does the podcast get into that?
edit: the podcast does. I didn't understand that Lindelof was approached to do Watchmen, and didn't choose to operate within that framework himself. Further, he had been passing for 10 years or so before he did choose to do it.
