Leroy wrote:Well, the album we promised to have done by January 2019 has been completed in January 2020. Some of us (the guitar lplayer) run on a different sort of clock.
I know it is on Spotify and it is supposed to be on other places too. What I found the other day on Google Music was our rough draft and sounded like crap.
I'm pretty happy with the Spotify stuff.
Anyway, search The Barstool Prophets. Not the Canadian classic rock band. The album name is Songs For Leaving.
Way to go Leroy!
in my car thinking the radio was playing before I could sync up my tunes. I liked the song on the radio, so I left it playing -and lo and behold spotify had already synced and it was Barstool Prohpets St Saturday.
Good stuff..., as they say!. Will play it thru my work day.,
Edit: enjoyed the tunes, for some reasin i am suddenly drawn to the office shredder/ aka miniature woodchipper.
i am following Barstool Prophets on Spotify and it creates a mix of their songs, but then seques into Selena Gomez and Harry Styles. Weird. I am sort of new to spotify- am a pandora listener
Btw, the cover art looks cool, Leroy. Is that a scene up by you?
I really don't know where the picture came from. I'll ask. I know the cricket that is in the background was drawn by a daughter of the guitar player.
Now that I think about it, the music isn't really 'red dirt' as I think of it, but the rest of what we do is. I'm not sure why Selena would be related, but whatever.
Mike, I'm trying to decide who best to talk about your stuff too. I'm no lyricist whatsoever. One guy in the band is great at the commercial sounding stuff, has good 'hooks' and stuff. Another is great at wording and such, but the music is not as catchy sometimes. I think if a guy could squeeze something in the middle of those two it would work. I'll run it past them one of these days and see what they think.
Writing is a hard thing. If I have a track of music, I can pretty much write words. But coming up with both from scratch is pretty much impossible for me. Even reading good lyrics doesn't do much for me unless I have some music to put it to.
June 20, a live outdoor show in a very small lake town. Another July 11 and again July 24. I will be glad to be playing again.
I will keep my distance as usual from people, as I don't want a mask to interrupt my bow. Plus I don't know if my sweet tenor harmonies will ring out through a mask. I will bring my own microphone.
Good to hear, Leroy. So many people have missed the joys of concerts and live music performance during the quarantine period, and you've always made it clear how much you love to perform. Good luck with this as you move forward.
Thanks, yeah. February 29 was our last show. Seems like forever. Really the only playing I have done is last Saturday when we had a rehearsal. I met with a new group in Bismarck Friday also. I can go awhile without even thinking about it, but after about three months I really get the itch to play again.