Page 5 of 14
Re: 2014 NBA Offseason
Posted: June 27 14, 6:08 am
by MrCrowesGarden
I think you Bulls fans will like McDermott even if you don't like the trade. He doesn't have to be open to make a shot, which is his biggest asset. He'll play enough defense that he's not going to be a liability, though he'll never be mistaken for an All-Pro.
Re: 2014 NBA Offseason
Posted: June 27 14, 6:45 am
by Socnorb11
I don't know that I agree that he'll play enough defense to not be a liability. The effort is there, but he struggled to defend, from an athletic standpoint, even at Creighton. Against bigger, quicker, stronger players in the NBA, it will be tough to find capable matchups for him on the defensive end of the court.
He'll find ways to score some, though. There's no doubt about that.
Re: 2014 NBA Offseason
Posted: June 27 14, 6:58 am
by MrCrowesGarden
I think on a team like the Bulls, his shortcomings can be hidden. I'm not going to push the issue, but it really believe after watching almost all of his college games, he'll be passable.
Re: 2014 NBA Offseason
Posted: June 27 14, 7:09 am
by Socnorb11
I think he'll be more than passable, overall. I think he'll be solid. There's no reason he can't be the first guy off the bench to provide some scoring for the Bulls. I don't ever see him in a starting role, but he'll be a good guy to have on the team. I just wasn't sure if he was worth giving up the two picks for......... but the Bulls seem high on him.
Re: 2014 NBA Offseason
Posted: June 27 14, 7:53 am
by Jocephus
i thought he was a beast when he was in the MVC, but maybe it was that weak ass competition
cool moment for Isaiah Austin
and good lord, andrew wiggins that suit is awful
Re: 2014 NBA Offseason
Posted: June 30 14, 10:20 am
by Jocephus
The Milwaukee Bucks have fired coach Larry Drew after agreeing to send two second-round draft picks to the Brooklyn Nets to secure the coaching rights to Jason Kidd, sources told ESPN.com on Monday.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11155 ... jason-kidd
Re: 2014 NBA Offseason
Posted: June 30 14, 11:18 am
by Socnorb11
This boggles my mind. Didn't the Nets actually regress last year, under Kidd?
Re: 2014 NBA Offseason
Posted: June 30 14, 11:20 am
by Jocephus
Re: 2014 NBA Offseason
Posted: June 30 14, 1:11 pm
by Socnorb11
The Nets reportedly will have a $144 million loss over the 2013-14 season, according to Grantland.com.
Re: 2014 NBA Offseason
Posted: July 2 14, 2:12 am
by MrSaigon
Zach Lowe directly and indirectly on how effed up everything is in CBA and cap space:
http://grantland.com/features/nba-free- ... ron-james/
I really, really hope LeBron starts entertaining/teasing other teams. Who knows what might shake out if he does. We got Thomas Robinson for basically free last year in that kind of environment. But when Bosh, and especially Wade opted out, I think the Heat signal was sent.