Page 5 of 8
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2008
Posted: August 24 08, 8:15 pm
by JCShutout
How I did: (2nd overall pick) 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1rb/wr, 1te, 1k, 1d
QB:
Hasselbeck (7)
Delhomme (12)
RB:
Ladanian Tomlinson (1)
Maurice Jones-Drew (2)
LenDale White (5)
Jonathan Stewart (6)
DeAngelo Williams (8)
WR:
Larry Fitzgerald (3)
Steve Smith (4)
Santana Moss (9)
Reggie Willaims (13)
TE:
Vernon Davis (10 - bad pick, I meant to click Shockey and was stupid)
Jeremy Shockey (11 - bah!)
K:
Brown (15)
D:
Steelers (14)
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2008
Posted: August 24 08, 9:12 pm
by letsgocards89
My Team
6th pick overall
QB:
Ben Roethlisberger (35)
Jason Campbell (106)
RB:
Steven Jackson (6)
Selvin Young (46)
Kevin Smith (66)
Justin Fargas (86)
Tatum Bell (126)
WR:
Terrell Owens (15)
Marques Colston (26)
Marvin Harrison(75)
Vincent Jackson (115)
Derrick Mason (135)
TE:
Kellen Winslow (55)
K:
Phil Dawson (146)
D:
Vikings (95)
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2008
Posted: August 25 08, 4:08 pm
by clevername
boy, sure am glad I went against my gut and grabbed Chad Johnson last night.
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2008
Posted: August 25 08, 4:47 pm
by thrill
I like your team a lot, JC. Well done.
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2008
Posted: August 27 08, 10:53 am
by phins
Yeah, JC did a nice job. I actually like 12 team league team better than my team here.
I just was kind of meh at the time of the draft, and went through the list without my notes or anything.
I'll post it when I'm home and can see it, though it won't win the league.
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2008
Posted: August 27 08, 1:47 pm
by JCShutout
Thanks for the props guys, but I just read that LenDale White will probably split time 50/50, or at best 60/40 with Chris Johnson (who is already owned in all my leagues, grr), so my 5th round pick isn't as good.
On my 4th and 5th round picks (2 picks by one team in between my picks), I wanted a 3rd RB and a 2nd WR. Bennx74205 took Thomas Jones one pick before me (damn you!), so I had two guys left rated together at RB, (Edge and White), and one top rated WR (SSmith), and the rest of the WRs I had in a lower tier, so I took SSmith in the 4th, knowing I'd get one of White or Edge when my next pick came around. Had I picked Edge, I he would have drafted SSmith most likely, and I would have gotten Lavy Coles or Roddy White.
Took a gamble on White's playing time, might have lost. <shrug>
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2008
Posted: August 27 08, 1:56 pm
by TabascoElvis
Ugh, I ended up with Ahman Green AND Chris Brown on my bench. I added Steve Slaton to complete the trifecta of HOU RBs, since they get hurt so much. But I'll reevaluate that whole mess later. Portis and E Graham are my 1&2.
And 4 QBs - Romo, Brees, Anderson and Bulger.
That'll teach me to miss the live draft and just let it fly.
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2008
Posted: August 27 08, 2:24 pm
by phins
JCShutout wrote:Thanks for the props guys, but I just read that LenDale White will probably split time 50/50, or at best 60/40 with Chris Johnson (who is already owned in all my leagues, grr), so my 5th round pick isn't as good.
On my 4th and 5th round picks (2 picks by one team in between my picks), I wanted a 3rd RB and a 2nd WR. Bennx74205 took Thomas Jones one pick before me (damn you!), so I had two guys left rated together at RB, (Edge and White), and one top rated WR (SSmith), and the rest of the WRs I had in a lower tier, so I took SSmith in the 4th, knowing I'd get one of White or Edge when my next pick came around. Had I picked Edge, I he would have drafted SSmith most likely, and I would have gotten Lavy Coles or Roddy White.
Took a gamble on White's playing time, might have lost. <shrug>
Yeah, I have Chris Johnson in this league, LenDale in my other.
FWIW, I'd rather have Roddy White or Coles than Steve Smith anyway.
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2008
Posted: August 27 08, 2:24 pm
by phins
TabascoElvis wrote:Ugh, I ended up with Ahman Green AND Chris Brown on my bench. I added Steve Slaton to complete the trifecta of HOU RBs, since they get hurt so much. But I'll reevaluate that whole mess later. Portis and E Graham are my 1&2.
And 4 QBs - Romo, Brees, Anderson and Bulger.
That'll teach me to miss the live draft and just let it fly.
4 QB's? That SUCKS...
Re: GRB Fantasy Football 2008
Posted: August 27 08, 2:30 pm
by JCShutout
phinstd wrote:JCShutout wrote:Thanks for the props guys, but I just read that LenDale White will probably split time 50/50, or at best 60/40 with Chris Johnson (who is already owned in all my leagues, grr), so my 5th round pick isn't as good.
On my 4th and 5th round picks (2 picks by one team in between my picks), I wanted a 3rd RB and a 2nd WR. Bennx74205 took Thomas Jones one pick before me (damn you!), so I had two guys left rated together at RB, (Edge and White), and one top rated WR (SSmith), and the rest of the WRs I had in a lower tier, so I took SSmith in the 4th, knowing I'd get one of White or Edge when my next pick came around. Had I picked Edge, I he would have drafted SSmith most likely, and I would have gotten Lavy Coles or Roddy White.
Took a gamble on White's playing time, might have lost. <shrug>
Yeah, I have Chris Johnson in this league, LenDale in my other.
FWIW, I'd rather have Roddy White or Coles than Steve Smith anyway.
I do like Coles and White, but I figure that a healthy SSmith (and Delhomme) will be at worst what Coles or White are, and at best much better, while I saw Edge and White about the same. I see the risk as pretty low on Smith, especially as a #2 wr. My #3 wr is santana moss, which is a fairly safe pick I hope. /knocks on wood