The Beer Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by JL21 »

haltz wrote:I was at legrands a couple of days ago and noticed that they had several things I wanted to try. The wine selection isn't bad either.

Nothing wrong with drinking $1 rail gin in a booth at 9am.
I bought this at LeGrand's a few weeks ago:

Image

If you like absurd amounts of hops in your beer, you can't go wrong. Don't be turned off by the fact that it's put out by Sierra Nevada.

User avatar
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
Posts: 28275
Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
Location: Raptured

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

lukethedrifter wrote:I forgot how much I like this type of beer. Mmmmmm.

Image
Yep, posted that a few pages back. It's really good. I have a trivia night once a week at a pub here in town that has Young's Double Chocolate Stout on tap for 4 bucks a pint. It's awesome.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

JL21 wrote:
haltz wrote:I was at legrands a couple of days ago and noticed that they had several things I wanted to try. The wine selection isn't bad either.

Nothing wrong with drinking $1 rail gin in a booth at 9am.
I bought this at LeGrand's a few weeks ago:

Image

If you like absurd amounts of hops in your beer, you can't go wrong. Don't be turned off by the fact that it's put out by Sierra Nevada.
I bet that's not all you bought there. I bet that ham, buffalo turkey, peppered roast beef, krakow, smoked bacon, provel, cojack, pepper cream cheese spread, olive salad, pimento mayo, pickle sandwich on white was sweet.

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by haltz »

There was some bottle of brown ale there that I meant to walk out with but didn't for some reason. Now I can't remember the name and it's driving me crazy.

Hammerstone's has $2-2.50 bottles of Beamish, Red Stripe, Anchor Steam, Shiner Bock, Red Seal and some other stuff until they run out.

User avatar
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
Posts: 23718
Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by G. Keenan »

JL21 wrote:
haltz wrote:I was at legrands a couple of days ago and noticed that they had several things I wanted to try. The wine selection isn't bad either.

Nothing wrong with drinking $1 rail gin in a booth at 9am.
I bought this at LeGrand's a few weeks ago:

Image

If you like absurd amounts of hops in your beer, you can't go wrong. Don't be turned off by the fact that it's put out by Sierra Nevada.
That's a great IPA, an example of what I'd call well balanced. Plenty of hops but enough malt and just a bit of citrus to fill out the flavor. As IPAs go it's also a good deal at $8.99 for a six pack, at least that's what it costs around here. Dogfish, Bells, and the like all run closer to $11.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

G. Keenan wrote:
JL21 wrote:
haltz wrote:I was at legrands a couple of days ago and noticed that they had several things I wanted to try. The wine selection isn't bad either.

Nothing wrong with drinking $1 rail gin in a booth at 9am.
I bought this at LeGrand's a few weeks ago:

Image

If you like absurd amounts of hops in your beer, you can't go wrong. Don't be turned off by the fact that it's put out by Sierra Nevada.
That's a great IPA, an example of what I'd call well balanced. Plenty of hops but enough malt and just a bit of citrus to fill out the flavor. As IPAs go it's also a good deal at $8.99 for a six pack, at least that's what it costs around here. Dogfish, Bells, and the like all run closer to $11.
Is it balanced? or absurd?

User avatar
Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese
Posts: 12863
Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
Location: Drunk

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:I forgot how much I like this type of beer. Mmmmmm.

Image
Yep, posted that a few pages back. It's really good. I have a trivia night once a week at a pub here in town that has Young's Double Chocolate Stout on tap for 4 bucks a pint. It's awesome.
This looks amazing.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:I forgot how much I like this type of beer. Mmmmmm.

Image
Yep, posted that a few pages back. It's really good. I have a trivia night once a week at a pub here in town that has Young's Double Chocolate Stout on tap for 4 bucks a pint. It's awesome.
This looks amazing.
And believe me, it is good for breakfast. Back in my drunkier days, I used to love a Mackeson's Triple Stout in the morn.


Image

User avatar
Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese
Posts: 12863
Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
Location: Drunk

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

lukethedrifter wrote:
Fat_Bulldog wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:I forgot how much I like this type of beer. Mmmmmm.

Image
Yep, posted that a few pages back. It's really good. I have a trivia night once a week at a pub here in town that has Young's Double Chocolate Stout on tap for 4 bucks a pint. It's awesome.
This looks amazing.
And believe me, it is good for breakfast. Back in my drunkier days, I used to love a Mackeson's Triple Stout in the morn.


Image
I have to try this.

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by JL21 »

I say absurd.

Post Reply