Page 34 of 38

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: September 27 19, 1:38 pm
by Joe Shlabotnik
Good news: found out I'm going to be a grandpa again.
Other news: realizing the odds tell me I won't see that grandbaby turn 16.

*sigh*

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: September 27 19, 8:26 pm
by lukethedrifter
Life expectancy at age 61* is nearly 21 more years. Just sayin’


*Can’t recall your age.

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: September 27 19, 8:28 pm
by Joe Shlabotnik
lukethedrifter wrote:Life expectancy at age 61* is nearly 21 more years. Just sayin’


*Can’t recall your age.
I saw 76.

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: September 27 19, 8:31 pm
by lukethedrifter
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Life expectancy at age 61* is nearly 21 more years. Just sayin’


*Can’t recall your age.
I saw 76.
That’s if you’re born today. You’ve made it through all the things that could have killed you up to now so you get a few bonus years.

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: September 27 19, 8:46 pm
by Joe Shlabotnik
lukethedrifter wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Life expectancy at age 61* is nearly 21 more years. Just sayin’


*Can’t recall your age.
I saw 76.
That’s if you’re born today. You’ve made it through all the things that could have killed you up to now so you get a few bonus years.
Ah. So I'll be dead by the time my grandbaby is 21.

I feel better now. Thanks Luke!

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: September 27 19, 10:43 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
Congrats on the additional 5 years of life, Joe. Oh, and congrats on the grandbaby as well!

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: October 1 19, 12:30 pm
by wart57
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Life expectancy at age 61* is nearly 21 more years. Just sayin’


*Can’t recall your age.
I saw 76.
That’s if you’re born today. You’ve made it through all the things that could have killed you up to now so you get a few bonus years.
Ah. So I'll be dead by the time my grandbaby is 21.

I feel better now. Thanks Luke!
Nah, the Earth will be uninhabitable by then...

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: October 19 19, 2:42 pm
by Mary1966
I went to a buffet restaurant and the cashier rang me up with a senior discount. I’m 53, but my hair is gray. I guess I’m two years away from being eligible for the 55 and older discounts.

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: October 21 19, 12:33 pm
by Michael
A sign I'm getting old - I'm posting this tool: https://personal.vanguard.com/us/insigh ... ement-tool

Using your current age and gender, the site provides the actuarial probability you and your spouse live to a certain age.

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: October 22 19, 8:11 am
by CardsofSTL
Michael wrote:A sign I'm getting old - I'm posting this tool: https://personal.vanguard.com/us/insigh ... ement-tool

Using your current age and gender, the site provides the actuarial probability you and your spouse live to a certain age.
And now I feel old for checking it.