Winter 2014/15

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Post Reply
User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: Winter 2014/15

Post by stlouie_lipp »

jim wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
jim wrote:I came as close to an accident this morning as I have in a while. Van came out of a side street turning right and lost control, it missed by a good 10 feet but when it started to happen I thought there was a chance he was just going to slide right into me with nothing either one of us could do.

This will be the coldest winter in the history of Chicago when it's done. Thank god I missed a week of it. I just want to kill winter. My hate is now a full blown rage.
Colder than last year? Hard to believe. Last year it was ultra cold from thanksgiving to spring right?
Last winter was colder than this winter. This February has been colder than last February, and all other February's
Coldest in 79 years I think I heard.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Winter 2014/15

Post by Freed Roger »

jim wrote:

I'm tired of people saying it's a nice day when it's not. There are no nice days where the temperatures are below 60. It simply doesn't exist. You keep the thermostat at 55 in your house when you are there? Of course you don't, because 55 is too [expletive] cold.
Then -for the rest of my household, the only nice days would be within 72 to 74 degrees.

User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12894
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Winter 2014/15

Post by IMADreamer »

Dillagii wrote:Atlanta got quarter inch of snow and whole city was shut down :D
I drove through Atlanta once when they got three inches of snow. It was like the apocalypses down there. I've never seen so many vehicles stuck in ditches. Some poeple just left their car right there on the highway.

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: Winter 2014/15

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Just heard on the news - second coldest, and third snowiest February in Chicago's history.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
Posts: 50393
Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm

Re: Winter 2014/15

Post by jim »

More snow coming, and it's -1 this morning.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Winter 2014/15

Post by Freed Roger »

Image

Wish I had time to photoshop Jim in on a surfboard.
Last edited by Freed Roger on February 27 15, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Swirls
gone fission
Posts: 8299
Joined: December 11 07, 4:15 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: Winter 2014/15

Post by Swirls »

For the second year in a row, portions of Niagara Falls have frozen over.

User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12894
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Winter 2014/15

Post by IMADreamer »

The next 5 or so days are going to be really interesting for people who like weather. A series of smaller waves moving through which will likely result in various ice and snow events. Followed by flooding rains, possible, severe weather, and someone in the midwest is getting burried with snow. The close we get the less clear it becomes what is going to happen.

User avatar
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22007
Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
Location: High A Minors

Re: Winter 2014/15

Post by pioneer98 »

We shattered the old record low today by 9 degrees! It got down to -18 this morning. Previous record low was -9 in 1962. That's just stupid.

User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12894
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Winter 2014/15

Post by IMADreamer »

Been snowing a good 3 hours now. It's is very [expletive] out. I parked in my parents driveway which slopes uphill and when I came out of the house to go home my car had slid to the bottom.

Post Reply