Page 32 of 38
Re: Signs you are getting old
Posted: August 14 19, 1:30 pm
by Freed Roger
lukethedrifter wrote:Freed Roger wrote:lukethedrifter wrote:Old vs not old
Also, i just bought my first mountain bike.
I didnt know they made recumbent mountain bikes. (Blue fonted)
I’m not an engineer. Aren’t they the only ones who ride recumbents? I think you meant a trike.
A trike. Yes indeed.
How fitting that life's first and last modes of self-propelled vehicle movement are the same.
Re: Signs you are getting old
Posted: August 14 19, 5:27 pm
by wart57
I am beginning to take on the shape of a silverback gorilla...

Re: Signs you are getting old
Posted: August 15 19, 4:40 am
by Smith Corks One
When you need a diamond-shaped blue pill (or a chemically-equivalent round white one). Note: it works quite well.
Re: Signs you are getting old
Posted: September 14 19, 3:44 pm
by BottenFieldofDreams
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:According to my research, every single younger millennial is wearing a F-R-I-E-N-D-S shirt and drinking hard seltzer this summer. Seriously, the last time I saw a 24 year old not carrying a sixer of White Claw was April 2017.
I'd like to I told you so this post. I saw a 25 year old with a FRIENDS tattoo on his forearm. He was 12 when the finale aired at most. Crazy.
Also, White Claw is absolutely killing it with the 20s scene.
Re: Signs you are getting old
Posted: September 14 19, 6:26 pm
by G. Keenan
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:BottenFieldofDreams wrote:According to my research, every single younger millennial is wearing a F-R-I-E-N-D-S shirt and drinking hard seltzer this summer. Seriously, the last time I saw a 24 year old not carrying a sixer of White Claw was April 2017.
I'd like to I told you so this post. I saw a 25 year old with a FRIENDS tattoo on his forearm. He was 12 when the finale aired at most. Crazy.
Also, White Claw is absolutely killing it with the 20s scene.
Love me some White Claw, though I can't quite tell if I'm drunk or not. Fun summer drink though, [expletive] it. There's a Portland one that is pretty good that my local booze shop carries, SeekOut, which is made by Two Towns Cider from Portland. The kids ain't drinking that there?
Re: Signs you are getting old
Posted: September 16 19, 11:16 am
by lukethedrifter
White Claw. Why?
Re: Signs you are getting old
Posted: September 16 19, 11:26 am
by thrill
lukethedrifter wrote:White Claw. Why?
People love seltzer, are often doing a low carb or low sugar diet, and are tired of overpriced, tedious cocktail culture. It's similar to the PBR phenomena of 2005-ish but with less carbs.
Re: Signs you are getting old
Posted: September 16 19, 11:36 am
by Radbird
I had to shave my ears this morning...
Re: Signs you are getting old
Posted: September 16 19, 11:38 am
by CardsofSTL
Radbird wrote:I had to shave my ears this morning...

Re: Signs you are getting old
Posted: September 16 19, 12:27 pm
by ThatGuy
Not sure who's watched any of the FBE/React videos on YouTube, but I watched teens reacting to 90s music the other day, and after hearing "American Woman" by Lenny Kravitz (and not having a clue who the singer was), one of the kids said, "Oh, that's Zoe Kravitz's father!"
