The Video Game Thread
-
TimeForGuinness
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 20007
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Valkyria Chronicles for the PS3 is really good.
- ThatGuy
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 5114
- Joined: October 15 06, 4:40 pm
- Location: Knoxville, TN
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Ouch. My brother just discovered his second red ring of death this morning.
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30838
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
And how's his Xbox?ThatGuy wrote:Ouch. My brother just discovered his second red ring of death this morning.
- robbotis
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4791
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:05 am
- Location: Minneapolis
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
ghostrunner wrote:And how's his Xbox?ThatGuy wrote:Ouch. My brother just discovered his second red ring of death this morning.
I'm on my 4th of the last 15 months.
At least this one's quiet. I've got my fingers crossed.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
damnrobbotis wrote:ghostrunner wrote:And how's his Xbox?ThatGuy wrote:Ouch. My brother just discovered his second red ring of death this morning.
I'm on my 4th of the last 15 months.
At least this one's quiet. I've got my fingers crossed.
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18730
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
I'm sorry but x-box's sound like the biggest POS ever made.
I'm sure the graphics and games are great but the system just sounds like it sucks.
I'm sure the graphics and games are great but the system just sounds like it sucks.
- AdmiralKird
- MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
- Posts: 10175
- Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
- Location: Tycho Crater, Luna
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
It's interesting how they overhauled their repair center and moved it entirely online.
If you called like in the olden days, you could moan and whine about the warranty expiration and get them to repair your console for free/less. Now that it's online, there's no place to directly complain about how Microsoft made a faulty system and didn't offer a total recall.
If you called like in the olden days, you could moan and whine about the warranty expiration and get them to repair your console for free/less. Now that it's online, there's no place to directly complain about how Microsoft made a faulty system and didn't offer a total recall.
-
maddash
- is eerily well-versed on Project Runway and irony
- Posts: 8508
- Joined: June 26 06, 3:07 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Apparently they fixed a bunch of issues with overheating and the ring of death with the newer Jasper-based ones, but the older models were stinkers. I heard something like a 30% failure rate.cardinalkarp wrote:I'm sorry but x-box's sound like the biggest POS ever made.
I'm sure the graphics and games are great but the system just sounds like it sucks.
I'm still holding off on getting one. They're still too expensive for me to consider... that and HD DVD lost out to Blu-Ray... and having to pay a monthly fee for online gaming.
- clevername
- Bringer of FRBG
- Posts: 10380
- Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
well, you don't have to pay a monthly fee to game, only to game online.
and it's a one time yearly fee you pay that ends up being about 4 bucks a month.
I'll give you the reliability/price issues but xbox live fees shouldn't be keeping anyone away.
and it's a one time yearly fee you pay that ends up being about 4 bucks a month.
I'll give you the reliability/price issues but xbox live fees shouldn't be keeping anyone away.
- PujolJunkie
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 10370
- Joined: March 22 07, 4:54 pm
- Location: north county, stl
- Contact:
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
cardinalkarp wrote:I'm sorry but x-box's sound like the biggest POS ever made.
I'm sure the graphics and games are great but the system just sounds like it sucks.



I've had mine going on 3 1/2 years and I've had to have it repaired one time for a RRoD and it took about 5 days. Other than that, it's been an incredible system.





