Page 32 of 262

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 2 09, 12:41 pm
by Hungary Jack
Freed Roger wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
thrill wrote:It was pretty hyped up to me before I tried and that may have contributed to my skepticism.
Plus it's not called Dogfish Head Palo Santo.

I'll be in Arlington Hts/ Chicago area for a wedding this weekend - anybody know where i can grab some of this?
Binnys should have it if it's at all available.

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 2 09, 12:50 pm
by Spudboy
Image


This is the best lager that I've ever had.

On tap, in old town Prague.

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 2 09, 12:52 pm
by InvincibleCakeEater
I saw this at the gas station last night. I don't even know what to say.

Image

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 2 09, 12:53 pm
by Jocephus
yeah, i've seen commercials for that and it looks disgusting...

generally bud light is my standard go to, but i dont know anymore

also not happy about the whole inbev takeover either

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 2 09, 10:41 pm
by haltz
I thought bud light wheat was called shock top.

Bought some red stripe on impulse at a gas station on my way home tonight, and I forgot how much I like this beer. I'll put it up there with newcastle in terms of being delicious and readily available.

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 16 09, 9:28 am
by InvincibleCakeEater
Found a local pub that has Youngs Double Chocolate Stout on tap last night. 4 bucks a pint. Pretty good. Started the night with one and finished the night with one.

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 16 09, 10:13 am
by brats&beer
Seattle - Fat Tire was pretty good. I hit some local breweries and I had a hard time finding a beer I didn't like.

YUENGLING!!!! It's my all-time favorite. I didn't even drink beer before I was introduced to this. No bitter taste during or after. every time I drink it I think "dam this beer is good." It is good from a bottle but great out of a tap. They are finally starting to come around to it in GA. For the longest time the only beer these people knew existed was Bud and Bud Light - BLECH!!

In Jacksonville the Suns have Yuengling on draft which makes them the most awesome minor league club IMO.

Kirin Ichiban has replaced Sapporo as my favorite Japanese beer. Love it with a good plate of fresh sushi!

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 16 09, 10:22 am
by JL21
Earlier this week, I went to Growler's and went crazy:

-Unibroue Chambly Noire
Really solid, really good Belgian dark.

-Tommyknocker Imperial Brown
Probably a little too sweet for my tastes. It boasts that it's made with maple syrup and it shows.

-Old Rasputin Imperial Stout

And then for grins, I had a Spaten Oktoberfest and Bell's Two-Hearted, which I've had before.

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 16 09, 10:38 am
by jim
I bought some New Castle Nut Brown Ale at Binney's because the Beer Advocate, whatever that is, gave it a B. I will never, ever pay attention to the Beer Advocate again. I thought it was bad, but figured maybe it was just me. My oldest boy was over last weekend, he tried one, took one sip and grimaced and asked if I wanted to trade. Smartly I had taken a Capital Brewing Oktoberfest, and declined the trade. I did however give him permission to do something that I rarely do, to pour it down the drain.

I've been on a kick of trying a bunch of different beers the last year and I actually think I'm ready to settle on about a dozen. That's plenty of variety, and I'm tired of buying something new for the sake of it being new and finding out I don't like it.

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 16 09, 10:42 am
by TheoSqua
I tried the golden wheat and there really isn't that much of a difference. Yeah it's a bit thicker, but still Bud Light. This is bascially like putting a piece of bread in a toaster with the toast thing set to a notch above zero, stopping the toaster half way through, then saying you have toasted bread.