2023 NHL playoffs/offseason
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: 2023 NHL playoffs/offseason
Good on Doug for being ready, willing and able to pivot. He took Briere to school. 3 for $3.5 per is just fine.
-
cardsfantx
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12200
- Joined: November 6 10, 10:58 am
Re: 2023 NHL playoffs/offseason
as it stands right now, we're basically done
we now have 1.5 left under the cap and have to sign tucker and toropchenko
krug seems to be the one they're trying to move (obviously, as he and peru are completely redundant and shouldn't be on the same team)
I wonder when the draft starts tomorrow and players in this deep draft start falling, do those 25th and 29th picks become REALLY valuable, and a team krug would accept a trade to comes calling wanting one of this picks.
I'd think army has had those discussions, right?...ok krug, you don't want to go to PHI (I wouldn't either), can you give me a list of some teams you WILL accept a trade to?
we now have 1.5 left under the cap and have to sign tucker and toropchenko
krug seems to be the one they're trying to move (obviously, as he and peru are completely redundant and shouldn't be on the same team)
I wonder when the draft starts tomorrow and players in this deep draft start falling, do those 25th and 29th picks become REALLY valuable, and a team krug would accept a trade to comes calling wanting one of this picks.
I'd think army has had those discussions, right?...ok krug, you don't want to go to PHI (I wouldn't either), can you give me a list of some teams you WILL accept a trade to?
- JCShutout
- MacGyver of Underwear
- Posts: 13357
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: South City
Re: 2023 NHL playoffs/offseason
Yeah, barring a trade, they’ve got to be done.
If they can’t trade krug and can’t quite get under the cap, they could always flip scandella for a late round pick. With just a year left on his deal, someone would probably take a chance on him.
If they can’t trade krug and can’t quite get under the cap, they could always flip scandella for a late round pick. With just a year left on his deal, someone would probably take a chance on him.
-
cardsfantx
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12200
- Joined: November 6 10, 10:58 am
Re: 2023 NHL playoffs/offseason
yeah, something has to give...obv need depth, but once tucker re-signs we have 9 defenseman
Parayko, Bortuzzo and Faulk RHD
Leddy, Scandella, Krug, Peru, Tucker and Rosen LHD
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: 2023 NHL playoffs/offseason
It may have just been/likely was idle speculation, but I thought I saw chatter that they thought Krug would've waived the NTC if the Flyers would then turn him around to the Bruins.
- JCShutout
- MacGyver of Underwear
- Posts: 13357
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: South City
Re: 2023 NHL playoffs/offseason
Agreed, though Peru got a 2 way deal, so he could start in the minors. I assume tucker has plenty of options.cardsfantx wrote: ↑June 27 23, 1:12 pmyeah, something has to give...obv need depth, but once tucker re-signs we have 9 defenseman
Parayko, Bortuzzo and Faulk RHD
Leddy, Scandella, Krug, Peru, Tucker and Rosen LHD
They can squeeze under the cap with the minimum compliment, and not need to unload scandella unless they like the offer. (No retained salary, etc) Scanner and bortz are gone after this year. I could see them if both flipped at the deadline for late picks.
Edit: oops, Peru got a one way deal. Who knows and we’ll see!
-
cardsfantx
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12200
- Joined: November 6 10, 10:58 am
Re: 2023 NHL playoffs/offseason
yeah, peru is a 1 way deal and tucker is out of options, so if we send him down, we expose himJCShutout wrote: ↑June 27 23, 1:25 pmAgreed, though Peru got a 2 way deal, so he could start in the minors. I assume tucker has plenty of options.cardsfantx wrote: ↑June 27 23, 1:12 pmyeah, something has to give...obv need depth, but once tucker re-signs we have 9 defenseman
Parayko, Bortuzzo and Faulk RHD
Leddy, Scandella, Krug, Peru, Tucker and Rosen LHD
They can squeeze under the cap with the minimum compliment, and not need to unload scandella unless they like the offer. (No retained salary, etc) Scanner and bortz are gone after this year. I could see them if both flipped at the deadline for late picks.
Edit: oops, Peru got a one way deal. Who knows and we’ll see!
- JCShutout
- MacGyver of Underwear
- Posts: 13357
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
- Location: South City
Re: 2023 NHL playoffs/offseason
Dang I don’t know who I had all mixed up in my head but yeah. Gotta move a dman. I wonder if they waive scanner or bortz if they can’t find a trade
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: 2023 NHL playoffs/offseason
I wouldn't be surprised if they find a team that Krug will waive his NTC for and basically make the reverse of the Hayes trade. Once you know your team doesn't want you anymore, it's hard to go back I think.
- sighyoung
- Mayor of GRB
- Posts: 38623
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
- Location: Louisville
Re: 2023 NHL playoffs/offseason
I think it was idle speculation because Boston has absolutely no cap space for a move like that.MrCrowesGarden wrote: ↑June 27 23, 1:19 pmIt may have just been/likely was idle speculation, but I thought I saw chatter that they thought Krug would've waived the NTC if the Flyers would then turn him around to the Bruins.

