Jocephus wrote:its been leaked/reported that he loses today
I'm still planting in front of the teevee at 330 today. I DVRed a couple last week and was pretty impressed by how he just breezed, like he didn't stop to think about what he'd bet on daily doubles (always a big amount and also always a very odd #), the way he answered everything so easily. There was a point in double jeopardy where he got an answer wrong and it just felt weird, like watching Peak Pujols get fooled on a pitch or Jordan miss an open dunk. This guy is impressive.
Jocephus wrote:its been leaked/reported that he loses today
I'm still planting in front of the teevee at 330 today. I DVRed a couple last week and was pretty impressed by how he just breezed, like he didn't stop to think about what he'd bet on daily doubles (always a big amount and also always a very odd #), the way he answered everything so easily. There was a point in double jeopardy where he got an answer wrong and it just felt weird, like watching Peak Pujols get fooled on a pitch or Jordan miss an open dunk. This guy is impressive.
He's incredible. I really like that he didn't lose because he missed on a big bet, but instead he lost because a really damn good player beat him to the Daily Doubles and hit on her one big bet. The entire 3-player roster only combined to miss one clue the entire game.
FWIW, the odd bets were almost always dates referencing something, like his daughter's birthday, his wedding day, or once he bet the day of the Vegas mass shooting and said 'Vegas Strong' beforehand.
Radbird wrote:She was getting pissed at Alex's constant references to James last night.
I saw her sort of politely recoil when she went all in on her first Daily Double and Alex goes, "Oh-ho! Influenced by James!" or something like that.
Natural instinct for Alex, but Emma didn't even see James make any of those big bets (she taped before James ever aired, and the only game she saw him play, he didn't make one of them), so it was kind of a silly thing for Alex to say.