Page 4 of 8

Re: Rave: Climbing a Mountain the Fun Way

Posted: August 8 11, 7:13 pm
by Hungary Jack
G. Keenan wrote:I've posted this before but it seems appropriate to do so again here:

[/youtube]
Hilarious. And true--for some.

Re: Rave: Climbing a Mountain the Fun Way

Posted: August 8 11, 7:13 pm
by Hungary Jack
Smitty, a great shot from Longs' diamond face just for you:

Image

Re: Rave: Climbing a Mountain the Fun Way

Posted: August 8 11, 9:19 pm
by TGantz
My knees get weak and my stomach turns just looking at the picture.

Re: Rave: Climbing a Mountain the Fun Way

Posted: August 8 11, 11:09 pm
by a_smith
thanks hungry. that makes me want to get out and climb. I havent been on rock since spring break and right now after a day of poop filled diapers and baby talk I like to have the dream that I could get out and climb that next summer.

Is that the first pitch on the Casual? I cant tell. Heck, it could be the last.
I was just guessing one the lower easy pitches as I dont see much gear in the shot.


Tgantz- the weak knees and stomach churning is the fun part of climbing[heck and dating too ;) ]. There is a lot of fun climbs that you can do that are not exposed and scary at all and after a while you get used to the exposure. Stuff that would have left my buttcheeks clenched for weeks when I started I doesnt even warrant a slight tightening now.

Re: Rave: Climbing a Mountain the Fun Way

Posted: August 9 11, 7:30 am
by Hungary Jack
a_smith wrote:thanks hungry. that makes me want to get out and climb. I havent been on rock since spring break and right now after a day of poop filled diapers and baby talk I like to have the dream that I could get out and climb that next summer.

Is that the first pitch on the Casual? I cant tell. Heck, it could be the last.
I was just guessing one the lower easy pitches as I dont see much gear in the shot.


Tgantz- the weak knees and stomach churning is the fun part of climbing[heck and dating too ;) ]. There is a lot of fun climbs that you can do that are not exposed and scary at all and after a while you get used to the exposure. Stuff that would have left my buttcheeks clenched for weeks when I started I doesnt even warrant a slight tightening now.
I am not familiar with the route, but I would guess that that vantage point is not too far above Chasm Lake, maybe 500 ft or so.

Re: Rave: Climbing a Mountain the Fun Way

Posted: August 9 11, 7:34 am
by Hungary Jack
Nice view of Broadway and Kieners:
[SHOW]
Image

Re: Rave: Climbing a Mountain the Fun Way

Posted: August 9 11, 8:45 am
by JackofDiamonds
Graffiti is ruining our parks. I blame that rap music.

Re: Rave: Climbing a Mountain the Fun Way

Posted: August 9 11, 10:04 am
by Hungary Jack
JackofDiamonds wrote:Graffiti is ruining our parks. I blame that rap music.
Do you mean climbing equipment like pitons, cams and such left on mountain faces?

Re: Rave: Climbing a Mountain the Fun Way

Posted: August 9 11, 10:25 am
by cards2468
Hungary Jack wrote:
JackofDiamonds wrote:Graffiti is ruining our parks. I blame that rap music.
Do you mean climbing equipment like pitons, cams and such left on mountain faces?
I think he means that black line somebody painted on the mountain face

Re: Rave: Climbing a Mountain the Fun Way

Posted: August 9 11, 10:25 am
by JackofDiamonds
No, the [expletive] that drew an arrow up the mountain in your last picture. I don't even get the message, it's just pointless vandalism.