Page 4 of 5
Posted: April 8 07, 6:59 pm
by Jocephus
this game (and season) proves a point of mine: if you score more runs than the other team, you are probably going to win.
Posted: April 8 07, 7:07 pm
by G. Keenan
Jocephus wrote:this game (and season) proves a point of mine: if you score more runs than the other team, you are probably going to win.
How are you posting and broadcasting the Rangers/Red Sox game at the same time?
Posted: April 8 07, 7:51 pm
by Jocephus
G. Keenan wrote:Jocephus wrote:this game (and season) proves a point of mine: if you score more runs than the other team, you are probably going to win.
How are you posting and broadcasting the Rangers/Red Sox game at the same time?
because i dont believe in statistics
Posted: April 8 07, 8:54 pm
by stretch
G. Keenan wrote:Arthur Dent wrote:G. Keenan wrote:Albert just said people who don't believe in Jesus should go looking for him
Excellent misdirection by Pujols.

That's true. He then turned Rick Horton's Dasani into wine.
This was excellent.

Posted: April 8 07, 9:30 pm
by Jocephus
did anyone see rolesn interview with hayes? they like hugging each other
Posted: April 8 07, 9:37 pm
by docellis
Jocephus wrote:did anyone see rolesn interview with hayes? they like hugging each other
I think it is a running joke from 04....I think Rolen joked to Hayes one night (on air) that it "looked like you need a hug" and they still joke about it.
Posted: April 8 07, 9:48 pm
by cabby7588
docellis wrote:Jocephus wrote:did anyone see rolesn interview with hayes? they like hugging each other
I think it is a running joke from 04....I think Rolen joked to Hayes one night (on air) that it "looked like you need a hug" and they still joke about it.
Hrabosky made a joke about it too, I was really confused.
Posted: April 9 07, 8:27 am
by heyzeus
Just wanted to share - I was at Tenrun field for the cards' first ten run game of the year.
Some observations:
1. sitting in the first row because you have a friend who works in the oil industry is pretty good. You should all pick up such a friend.
2. Kip Wells' slider was nasty. Also, the Astros were quite willing to hack at the first pitch they saw.
3. Lidge has no command left whatsoever. His mechanics and confidence are shot. If he's on your fantasy team, abandon ship.
4. AP's homerun was hit a very long way.
5. At the end of the 7th, Eckstein tossed a ball to a kid sitting next to me in a Cards jersey. And I must confess...I felt the impulse to make a play on the ball. But whatever goodness is left in my heart must have intervened, and I didn't.
6. Duncan did a pretty good job working counts, even when he K'd.
7. I was most proud of Molina. Down 8-0 in the 9th, Lidge intentionally walked Spiezio to face Yadi. Lidge threw a fastball at his head. Yadi got right back in there and hit his two-run double on the next pitch.
8. The silence in the stadium after Pujols' homerun was deafening. And there was nary a cheer in the stadium for the rest of the game.
9. The strike 'em out throw 'em out on Carlos Lee? Spectacular.
Posted: April 9 07, 8:31 am
by heyzeus
Addendum:
1. There was no cheering from the Houston crowd all day, but the 5,000 that were left in the 9th inning gave some mighty impressive booing to Brad Lidge. The dude's not hurt; he's just broken. He needs a new start somewhere else. KC would be a great fit, but Houston won't get anything for him at this point.
2. Taguchi was in almost the right spot. The ball was a hard hit line drive and it sailed over his head. I don't believe his glove was even up - I think he was fooled by how hard it was hit. The scorer initially ruled it an error, then gave him a double. It could have been caught.
Posted: April 9 07, 9:52 am
by Jocephus
docellis wrote:Jocephus wrote:did anyone see rolesn interview with hayes? they like hugging each other
I think it is a running joke from 04....I think Rolen joked to Hayes one night (on air) that it "looked like you need a hug" and they still joke about it.
yea,...i think during hte memphis ST game, hayes was a doing \a "remote" in the cards dugout just before first pitch and hes looking into a camera talking and rolen is aobut to walk past him to go down the dugout stairs, but before he does he just hugs hayes without commenting and then just leaves, all while hayes was doing the interview...it was hilarious