2017-18 NBA Thread
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Re: 2017-18 NBA Thread
I loved Michael Jordan.
Watching the Cavs/Celtics tonight, I'm not sure I can make a case for Jordan anymore. I get that basketball is a team sport, but Lebron is doing as much to help his team win an NBA game tonight as I've ever seen a single player do. Halfway thru the 3rd quarter, I'm pretty sure he's played every minute of this game.
He's just so good...... at everything.
Watching the Cavs/Celtics tonight, I'm not sure I can make a case for Jordan anymore. I get that basketball is a team sport, but Lebron is doing as much to help his team win an NBA game tonight as I've ever seen a single player do. Halfway thru the 3rd quarter, I'm pretty sure he's played every minute of this game.
He's just so good...... at everything.
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: 2017-18 NBA Thread
We can set the bar at whatever level for Lebron and he clears it. And he’s been meeting or exceeding expectations since he was 16.
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Re: 2017-18 NBA Thread
Yeah, I'm EXTREMELY biased toward Jordan, but Lebron's the guy.
I don't think they'll touch the Western Conference winner, but it doesn't really matter.
I don't think they'll touch the Western Conference winner, but it doesn't really matter.
- InvincibleCakeEater
- GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
- Posts: 28275
- Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
- Location: Raptured
Re: 2017-18 NBA Thread
Unreal.
- MAGA
- All-Star
- Posts: 1323
- Joined: November 10 16, 10:22 am
Re: 2017-18 NBA Thread
I’m not kidding when I say I’m witnessing the biggest choke job I’ve ever seen. 0/23 on their last 23 three pointers. Harden is a joke
- MAGA
- All-Star
- Posts: 1323
- Joined: November 10 16, 10:22 am
Re: 2017-18 NBA Thread
And Harden pads his numbers to not look so bad once the game is in hand.
- BottenFieldofDreams
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4759
- Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm
Re: 2017-18 NBA Thread
Yeah, the correct way to do it is to pad a clear, adversity-free path to the championship.MAGA wrote:And Harden pads his numbers to not look so bad once the game is in hand.
Faced with something approaching adversity, the Warriors peed themselves, but then lucked out when the Rockets slipped and face-planted in the mess.
Thanks for the meaningless league, KD.
But right, eat [expletive], Harden; let's go after the losers at the table where the winner had loaded dice.
- MAGA
- All-Star
- Posts: 1323
- Joined: November 10 16, 10:22 am
Re: 2017-18 NBA Thread
Meaningless league? The rockets had them against the ropes without Paul. Even if they made 4 of those 27 3’s it’s a game. 6 and they win it. GSW has never appeared more vulnerable. Thompson goes out 2 mins in after accruing 2 fouls. Iggy is out. Harden could’ve stepped up. Anyone could’ve. And the Rockets win. No one did. The coach gets some blame because it was just chaos on the offensive end. But the players choked. The Warriors gathered themselves and started doing insane 3s and all that. But that was following a very very large window being open for the Rockets. Morey must’ve forgotten heart when constructing this roster in a laboratory.BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Yeah, the correct way to do it is to pad a clear, adversity-free path to the championship.MAGA wrote:And Harden pads his numbers to not look so bad once the game is in hand.
Faced with something approaching adversity, the Warriors peed themselves, but then lucked out when the Rockets slipped and face-planted in the mess.
Thanks for the meaningless league, KD.
But right, eat [expletive], Harden; let's go after the losers at the table where the winner had loaded dice.
- BottenFieldofDreams
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4759
- Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm
Re: 2017-18 NBA Thread
Being taken to 7 with that much talent is a bigger choke job than anything Harden did tonight.
You are right. Make a shot, Rockets. I just have a little trouble beating up on Harden (who I don't even care for) too much. He didn't hitch his fate to perhaps the best-running machine in NBA history. There is no Curry or Thompson to bail him out. If he has an off night, there isn't still a cupcake walk to the championship in place for him.
I guess if you say that if it's parity doubt I'm after this series should douse my angst a little bit, you have a point, even if the Warriors had to coast all year and run on half their cylinders against the Rockets to get there. But you know who else has a point? Me, when I say [expletive] the Warriors and [expletive] this league.
You are right. Make a shot, Rockets. I just have a little trouble beating up on Harden (who I don't even care for) too much. He didn't hitch his fate to perhaps the best-running machine in NBA history. There is no Curry or Thompson to bail him out. If he has an off night, there isn't still a cupcake walk to the championship in place for him.
I guess if you say that if it's parity doubt I'm after this series should douse my angst a little bit, you have a point, even if the Warriors had to coast all year and run on half their cylinders against the Rockets to get there. But you know who else has a point? Me, when I say [expletive] the Warriors and [expletive] this league.


