Don't forget Charles Barkley making fun of black women.haltz wrote: Yeah, it's a lot different. Your analogies are just awful. What was the other one? Oh yeah, we should be outraged because Jerry Jones thinks Manziel's a jackass.
Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect
- cardsfansince82
- is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
- Posts: 27776
- Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
- Location: at the gettin' place
Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect
and the word baggage is how wars startcardsfansince82 wrote:Don't forget Charles Barkley making fun of black women.haltz wrote: Yeah, it's a lot different. Your analogies are just awful. What was the other one? Oh yeah, we should be outraged because Jerry Jones thinks Manziel's a jackass.
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I WOULD HIRE A BLACK WOMAN NAMED CHARLES BARKLEY AND IF YOU THINK I WOULDN'T YOU'RE JUST DREAMING BECAUSE I TOTALLY WOULD.cardsfansince82 wrote:Don't forget Charles Barkley making fun of black women.haltz wrote: Yeah, it's a lot different. Your analogies are just awful. What was the other one? Oh yeah, we should be outraged because Jerry Jones thinks Manziel's a jackass.
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect
Representing Christ doesn't mean that I get a free pass to judge others who don't represent him. I believe what I believe, and fight for what I believe, but I don't judge Michael Sam or anyone else for what they believe. God doesn't tell me to treat non-Christians differently than I treat Christians. That's His job, not mine.trill wrote: What on earth are you talking about? Hiring? What does this have to do with how Dungy lives his faith? You're making my point. You live your christianity every day, therefore when you do something, it reflects on you as a christian. Everything you do, you do as a representative of christ.
FWIW, I am equating "hiring" to "drafting". I don't consider someone's faith/beliefs when hiring someone.......... just as Tony Dungy doesn't consider someone's faith/beliefs when drafting someone.
His faith has nothing to do with who he would draft......... I believe that. Do you honestly think that Tony Dungy believes that every player that he's ever drafted was a devout Christian, and had all of the same beliefs that he had? You think he considers that with his draft picks?trill wrote: What on earth does this have to do with my belief that Tony Dungy's faith is related to his beliefs on gay marriage and why he wouldn't draft Michael Sam? That is all I've been saying this entire time and all you have done is not come up with an explanation for why you think his faith has nothing to do with his opinion.
- haltz
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 22630
- Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
- Location: a proud midwestern metropolis
Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect
He considers someone's sexual orientation, which is discrimination and worthy of public outcry. Don't defend a guy who isn't even defending himself.just as Tony Dungy doesn't consider someone's faith/beliefs when drafting someone.
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect
I think he probably takes character into consideration more than an atheist would and I think he weighs homosexuality particularly harshly on the balance of sins he can tolerate and sins he cannot tolerate. As evidenced by his words, his monetary support and personal support of anti-gay marriage initiatives. He's all too happy to help Mike Vick get back into the league. He's happy to heap praise on Ray Lewis' character and leadership. Michael Sam? No room for him on Tony Dungy's team. Too "distracting." Uh huh. He loved Tebow. Said he'd take him first when everyone else had him in the third round or later. Why? He loved his character. Hmmm. Lots of dog whistle code words. Distraction. Character. Interesting.Socnorb11 wrote:[His faith has nothing to do with who he would draft......... I believe that. Do you honestly think that Tony Dungy believes that every player that he's ever drafted was a devout Christian, and had all of the same beliefs that he had? You think he considers that with his draft picks?
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect
I disagree. I don't think he considers someone's sexual orientation when drafting them.haltz wrote:He considers someone's sexual orientation, which is discrimination and worthy of public outcry. Don't defend a guy who isn't even defending himself.just as Tony Dungy doesn't consider someone's faith/beliefs when drafting someone.
- cardsfansince82
- is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
- Posts: 27776
- Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
- Location: at the gettin' place
Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect
Tony Dungy says it is the coach's job to put the best team on the field possible. Tony Dungy says Michael Sam is a good football player. Tony Dungy says a gay player would not be ostracized by teammates. Tony Dungy claims to be welcoming of people of all backgrounds. Tony Dungy says he would not draft Michael Sam.
- haltz
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 22630
- Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
- Location: a proud midwestern metropolis
Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect
If Sam was straight he wouldn't have a problem drafting him. That's discrimination.Socnorb11 wrote:I disagree. I don't think he considers someone's sexual orientation when drafting them.haltz wrote:He considers someone's sexual orientation, which is discrimination and worthy of public outcry. Don't defend a guy who isn't even defending himself.just as Tony Dungy doesn't consider someone's faith/beliefs when drafting someone.
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Re: Michael Sam - NFL's first openly gay prospect
Did he say he'd draft Michael Vick? Did he say he'd draft Ray Lewis? I don't recall him saying that he'd draft Tebow...... but maybe you can link me to that. Have you forgotten that he said that Michael Sam belongs in the league also? He said he loves Michael Sam, also.trill wrote:I think he probably takes character into consideration more than an atheist would and I think he weighs homosexuality particularly harshly on the balance of sins he can tolerate and sins he cannot tolerate. As evidenced by his words, his monetary support and personal support of anti-gay marriage initiatives. He's all too happy to help Mike Vick get back into the league. He's happy to heap praise on Ray Lewis' character and leadership. Michael Sam? No room for him on Tony Dungy's team. Too "distracting." Uh huh. He loved Tebow. Said he'd take him first when everyone else had him in the third round or later. Why? He loved his character. Hmmm. Lots of dog whistle code words. Distraction. Character. Interesting.Socnorb11 wrote:[His faith has nothing to do with who he would draft......... I believe that. Do you honestly think that Tony Dungy believes that every player that he's ever drafted was a devout Christian, and had all of the same beliefs that he had? You think he considers that with his draft picks?
"Sins he can tolerate and sins he cannot tolerate". You "think" he weighs sins differently? Interesting. Maybe the Bible that you used to read differentiated, but I'm pretty sure that mine and Tony Dungy's don't.
Every single GM in the league takes character into consideration.

