That was just the worst. What a bizarre year 2006 was.ilstu24 wrote:I was at that game. Jim Thome hit the homer. I was also at the following game. Edmonds got concussed and Marquis gave up a gazillion runs.Jmodene wrote:Vidor wrote:Anthony Reyes retiring 17 batters in a row in a World Series game might be the weirdest thing I've ever seen watching Cardinal baseball.
Weird, no. Unexpected, yes. Weird was earlier that season, when he threw a 1-hitter at the White Sox and lost, 1-0.
Former Cardinals Watch
-
Vidor
- You've just been hit by...VidorSmarm™
- Posts: 22956
- Joined: June 10 10, 7:50 pm
Re: Former Cardinals Watch
- Hungary Jack
- Mother Earth
- Posts: 19536
- Joined: July 24 06, 6:03 am
- Location: In Cognito
Re: Former Cardinals Watch
I saw Dane Iorg drive in 7 runs in one game--without a home run.
- clake
- All-Star
- Posts: 1357
- Joined: May 21 06, 4:54 pm
- Location: NJ
Re: Former Cardinals Watch
Reyes was the third of the series. The first two games of the series were the beatdowns w/ the Edmonds concussion in game 2. I was at the first two games and didn't go to the 3rd because of a softball game. Two most miserable consecutive nights at a baseball game ever.ilstu24 wrote:I was at that game. Jim Thome hit the homer. I was also at the following game. Edmonds got concussed and Marquis gave up a gazillion runs.Jmodene wrote:Vidor wrote:Anthony Reyes retiring 17 batters in a row in a World Series game might be the weirdest thing I've ever seen watching Cardinal baseball.
Weird, no. Unexpected, yes. Weird was earlier that season, when he threw a 1-hitter at the White Sox and lost, 1-0.
- st.lewis11
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 15769
- Joined: June 14 06, 10:17 pm
- Location: Small southern IL town, 40 min from STL
Re: Former Cardinals Watch
Scott Rolen doubled in the eighth for the 506th of his career, tying Babe Ruth for 48th on the all-time list.
-
Vidor
- You've just been hit by...VidorSmarm™
- Posts: 22956
- Joined: June 10 10, 7:50 pm
Re: Former Cardinals Watch
Raising his average to .182. End of the road in sight. I really liked him.st.lewis11 wrote:Scott Rolen doubled in the eighth for the 506th of his career, tying Babe Ruth for 48th on the all-time list.
- fanforever
- Retired
- Posts: 67125
- Joined: April 17 06, 5:03 pm
- Location: Northern NJ-The Twilight Zone
Re: Former Cardinals Watch
Jeff Suppan won again last night
San Diego 3 Colorado 1
WP: J. Suppan (2-0) S: D. Thayer (2)
LP: A. White (0-1)
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/venable-su ... --mlb.html
San Diego 3 Colorado 1
WP: J. Suppan (2-0) S: D. Thayer (2)
LP: A. White (0-1)
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/venable-su ... --mlb.html
SAN DIEGO (AP) After spending the entire 2011 season in Triple-A, Jeff Suppan has won both of his starts for the San Diego Padres.
Will Venable tripled and scored in the first, then doubled in the go-ahead run in the fifth inning to back the 37-year-old Suppan and help the Padres to a 3-1 win against the Colorado Rockies on Tuesday night.
San Diego won its second series of the season. The Rockies lost their fifth straight game.
Suppan (2-0) settled in after the first inning, when he allowed two hits and two walks but gave up only one run. He has won both of his starts since being called up from Triple-A Tucson after lefty Cory Luebke went on the disabled list with a strained elbow.
''I learned a lot from last year and I learned a lot from this year,'' said Suppan, who was signed as a minor league free agent in the offseason. ''What I've learned is to always be ready.''
Suppan contributed to the go-ahead run when he sacrificed Jason Bartlett, who drew a leadoff walk in the fifth. Venable then followed with a double to left to give the Padres a 2-1 lead against Alex White, (0-1), who was making his season debut. Orlando Hudson added an RBI triple in the eighth.
Suppan held Colorado to one run and four hits in five innings, walked two and struck out one.
Pacheco doubled to center with one out in the first. Gonzalez walked before Troy Tulowitzki forced Pacheco at third. Todd Helton singled in Gonzalez and Michael Cuddyer walked to load the bases. Suppan got Ramon Hernandez to fly out to right to end the threat.
''I had some command issues but I just kind of kept battling,'' Suppan said. ''Basically, from that point on, I took every at-bat like it was its own game and did the best I could. From there, it was the bullpen. The bullpen did a fantastic job making up some innings there.''
-
Magneto2.0
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18089
- Joined: June 16 07, 2:12 pm
Re: Former Cardinals Watch
Reyes was still throwing 95 during that Indians game. He would've ended up being a really good pitcher if he maintained that velocity. But he started topping out at 89, and his secondary pitches were mediocre so not have a good fastball anymore ended any potential he had.
- sighyoung
- Mayor of GRB
- Posts: 38614
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
- Location: Louisville
Re: Former Cardinals Watch
Joel Pineiro is now pitching for Norfolk, the Orioles' AAA affiliate. Last night, he pitched 6 innings for the win against Louisville (the Reds' AAA affiliate).
Former Cardinals field hand Daryl Jones is playing for Louisville after signing as a minor-league free agent. He's on the 7-day DL, but only after lighting up AAA pitching with a .158 average.
Former Cardinals field hand Daryl Jones is playing for Louisville after signing as a minor-league free agent. He's on the 7-day DL, but only after lighting up AAA pitching with a .158 average.
- Hungary Jack
- Mother Earth
- Posts: 19536
- Joined: July 24 06, 6:03 am
- Location: In Cognito
Re: Former Cardinals Watch
Former Cardinal farmhand-turned-WWF superstar Randy "Macho Man" Savage is deceased.
- Jmodene
- Still waiting for someone to use a Weird Al song
- Posts: 15528
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:54 pm
- Location: Las Vegas, NV
Re: Former Cardinals Watch
Hungary Jack wrote:Former Cardinal farmhand-turned-WWF superstar Randy "Macho Man" Savage is deceased.
And for $64, what was his name when he played for us (I believe it was at low-A Gastonia)?





