2014-2015 Blues (Hockey) Season
- slide_into_first
- is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden
- Posts: 14433
- Joined: June 10 09, 11:31 pm
- Location: In Chula Vista hanging with the Surenos
Re: 2014-2015 Blues (Hockey) Season
The Plager brothers must have sacrificed a sacred chicken or something 45 years ago. This is crazy.
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: 2014-2015 Blues (Hockey) Season
What players really even showed up last night?
Petro and Schwartz were very good.
Allen gave us a chance to win, but he had a few problems too.
Berglund seemed to continue his strong end of season play, and the 4th line did what they're supposed to do.
Everyone else seemed invisible.
Petro and Schwartz were very good.
Allen gave us a chance to win, but he had a few problems too.
Berglund seemed to continue his strong end of season play, and the 4th line did what they're supposed to do.
Everyone else seemed invisible.
-
cardsfantx
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12190
- Joined: November 6 10, 10:58 am
Re: 2014-2015 Blues (Hockey) Season
I thought Allen was pretty outstanding all things considered.
If he continues to play like that, then goaltending won't be the reason we lose this series.
If he continues to play like that, then goaltending won't be the reason we lose this series.
- Hoot45
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4008
- Joined: October 8 14, 11:41 am
Re: 2014-2015 Blues (Hockey) Season
Commissioner Gary Bettman attended the game and was non-committal on St. Louis getting an outdoor Winter Classic, aside from saying: "I think at some point, we should be here."
- JackofDiamonds
- Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls
- Posts: 15010
- Joined: April 16 06, 9:15 pm
Re: 2014-2015 Blues (Hockey) Season
I thought Petro, Schwartz, Berglund, Allen and the entire 4th line were outstanding, otherwise, that was a piss poor showing.
Why juggle the lines now? I like the idea of Bergie/Backes/Jaskin monster line, but they didn't produce [expletive], let alone control possession. The SteenTL line was nonexistent.
Maybe they'll wake up... that was about as flat as they come and we really only lost 2-1 (the last 3 goals are throwaways).
Why juggle the lines now? I like the idea of Bergie/Backes/Jaskin monster line, but they didn't produce [expletive], let alone control possession. The SteenTL line was nonexistent.
Maybe they'll wake up... that was about as flat as they come and we really only lost 2-1 (the last 3 goals are throwaways).
- Secret Weapon
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 8386
- Joined: May 12 06, 7:09 pm
- Location: CoMo
Re: 2014-2015 Blues (Hockey) Season
Jaskin played pretty well. It's so frustrating how non existent or "core" is when the playoffs start
- JackofDiamonds
- Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls
- Posts: 15010
- Joined: April 16 06, 9:15 pm
Re: 2014-2015 Blues (Hockey) Season
He played with energy, but I didn't think he was effective. There was a lot of chasing for that line, and I thought Backes was particularly predictable... bad dump-ins down the boards with no weak-side support. We just accelerated their breakout over and over again without keeping the puck in deep.Secret Weapon wrote:Jaskin played pretty well. It's so frustrating how non existent or "core"is when the playoffs start
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: 2014-2015 Blues (Hockey) Season
Saturday is the big test. The Blues were obviously not ready for what the Wild brought. Will they step up and match them now that they've seen what they're really capable of? If not, then... 
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: 2014-2015 Blues (Hockey) Season
I read something from Bernie a few weeks ago about how it seems like the Blues have a history of entitled players who always seem to win out over embattled coaches.JackofDiamonds wrote:He played with energy, but I didn't think he was effective. There was a lot of chasing for that line, and I thought Backes was particularly predictable... bad dump-ins down the boards with no weak-side support. We just accelerated their breakout over and over again without keeping the puck in deep.Secret Weapon wrote:Jaskin played pretty well. It's so frustrating how non existent or "core"is when the playoffs start
I don't know how true that is, but if this season turns out to be another disappointment, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Hitch over some of the core.
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: 2014-2015 Blues (Hockey) Season
I remember hearing/reading the same thing. Who do you think these players are? Oshie? Backes? Jackman? I have a hard time seeing it being Schwartz/Tank with how new they are, relatively speaking.MrCrowesGarden wrote:I read something from Bernie a few weeks ago about how it seems like the Blues have a history of entitled players who always seem to win out over embattled coaches.JackofDiamonds wrote:He played with energy, but I didn't think he was effective. There was a lot of chasing for that line, and I thought Backes was particularly predictable... bad dump-ins down the boards with no weak-side support. We just accelerated their breakout over and over again without keeping the puck in deep.Secret Weapon wrote:Jaskin played pretty well. It's so frustrating how non existent or "core"is when the playoffs start
I don't know how true that is, but if this season turns out to be another disappointment, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Hitch over some of the core.




