The Car Discussion Thread
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
Don’t die driving it. That seems like overkill.
-
tlombard
- tl;dr
- Posts: 5042
- Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
The overkill is why it seems like such a fun car!
I think I found my new target last night. I didn't have time to test drive it and I have dinner plans tonight so I'm going to test drive it and maybe buy it tomorrow right after work if I can get everything done in time to get there. If not I'm taking Friday off and will head there first thing in the morning. I ran across a 2009 Infiniti M35 with the sport package. It's at the top of what I can comfortably pay in cash but in going over it at the lot after work the only thing I could find wrong was one small scuff on the rear bumper. Sitting in it and playing with all of the fancy spaceship buttons and dials (keep in mind, the newest vehicle I've ever owned is a 1994 Rodeo) it sure felt right. Power windows and locks are about the fanciest features I've ever had on a vehicle so heated and cooled seats, Bluetooth integration, etc. will be HUGE steps up for me in terms of luxury.
I wish it was a manual but it checks all of the other boxes. The price they are asking is fair too. Hope it runs and drives as good as it looks!
I think I found my new target last night. I didn't have time to test drive it and I have dinner plans tonight so I'm going to test drive it and maybe buy it tomorrow right after work if I can get everything done in time to get there. If not I'm taking Friday off and will head there first thing in the morning. I ran across a 2009 Infiniti M35 with the sport package. It's at the top of what I can comfortably pay in cash but in going over it at the lot after work the only thing I could find wrong was one small scuff on the rear bumper. Sitting in it and playing with all of the fancy spaceship buttons and dials (keep in mind, the newest vehicle I've ever owned is a 1994 Rodeo) it sure felt right. Power windows and locks are about the fanciest features I've ever had on a vehicle so heated and cooled seats, Bluetooth integration, etc. will be HUGE steps up for me in terms of luxury.
I wish it was a manual but it checks all of the other boxes. The price they are asking is fair too. Hope it runs and drives as good as it looks!
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12891
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
lukethedrifter wrote:Don’t die driving it. That seems like overkill.
It's not that it's some super over powered car. It's only about 460 hp. It's just it has no driver aids like traction control to reign it in. It's a beast and I definitely will respect it. Especially after last night.
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
I didn’t mean the car was overkill. Dying (literally) to enjoy it is overkill.IMADreamer wrote:lukethedrifter wrote:Don’t die driving it. That seems like overkill.
It's not that it's some super over powered car. It's only about 460 hp. It's just it has no driver aids like traction control to reign it in. It's a beast and I definitely will respect it. Especially after last night.
Sounds fun.
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12891
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
It is fun, probably gotta put it away for the year now since it's basically winter now. It's crazy the looks you get. I thought when I had my Cuda that was the height of attention getting. In the Viper you might as well be an alien landing a space ship. It's insane.lukethedrifter wrote:I didn’t mean the car was overkill. Dying (literally) to enjoy it is overkill.IMADreamer wrote:lukethedrifter wrote:Don’t die driving it. That seems like overkill.
It's not that it's some super over powered car. It's only about 460 hp. It's just it has no driver aids like traction control to reign it in. It's a beast and I definitely will respect it. Especially after last night.
Sounds fun.
-
tlombard
- tl;dr
- Posts: 5042
- Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
I think yesterday was 'Drive Your Ferrari Day' in St. Louis. I saw three or four Sunday afternoon driving around running errands.
Anyway, I went ahead and did it on Friday. I bought the 2009 Infiniti M35s. It does not look like a 10 year old car, especially inside. I meant to take some pictures but never stopped to take the time. I did realize this morning when I got to work that I never actually turned off my computer on Friday from when I was on the dealer's website to grab the VIN number so I could get insurance so I downloaded a couple of those... and of course Flickr is having issues right now.
Anyway, I went ahead and did it on Friday. I bought the 2009 Infiniti M35s. It does not look like a 10 year old car, especially inside. I meant to take some pictures but never stopped to take the time. I did realize this morning when I got to work that I never actually turned off my computer on Friday from when I was on the dealer's website to grab the VIN number so I could get insurance so I downloaded a couple of those... and of course Flickr is having issues right now.
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12891
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
Damn that is a clean looking infiniti. That will serve you well for a lot of years.
-
tlombard
- tl;dr
- Posts: 5042
- Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
Even still has the factory first aid kit completely intact in the trunk along with a pouch with the owner's manual, service guide, a business card for the dealer (in Charlotte, NC) along with two Infiniti key chains. Amazingly enough the pouches STILL stick where they belong on the carpeted trunk after 10 freaking years. That might be the part that surprises me most actually. That's some serious staying power for Velcro.
It also has a 9.3GB hard drive that will download music from a CD so you can store music and play it without the CD later. I don't own any CDs anymore so I happened to stop in Salvation Army on Saturday and picked up a random CD thinking I could try it out (Saliva was the only one I even halfway recognized since there is no organization). Well, after a couple of hours after leaving the store I opened up the case and the disc that was in there is a CD Rom for an old computer game. Starcraft or something like that. Guess I'll have to try again!
It also has a 9.3GB hard drive that will download music from a CD so you can store music and play it without the CD later. I don't own any CDs anymore so I happened to stop in Salvation Army on Saturday and picked up a random CD thinking I could try it out (Saliva was the only one I even halfway recognized since there is no organization). Well, after a couple of hours after leaving the store I opened up the case and the disc that was in there is a CD Rom for an old computer game. Starcraft or something like that. Guess I'll have to try again!
- haltz
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 22630
- Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
- Location: a proud midwestern metropolis
Re: The Car Discussion Thread
I'm selling an Infiniti G right now. I'm going to miss it but I just need something bigger.
I've owned it from 50-100k miles and never had a single issue. I've changed the oil and the brakes and that's it. 3.7L V6 luxury sedan with the maintenance of an Altima.
I've owned it from 50-100k miles and never had a single issue. I've changed the oil and the brakes and that's it. 3.7L V6 luxury sedan with the maintenance of an Altima.







