The Beer Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by Freed Roger »

Rolling into WI this AM and decided to pickup some beer. Was concerned I was too early at the liqour store-nope, opens at 8am. When I checked out , they said "have a good night"

Uff-da

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by Freed Roger »

As mentioned, I like Octoberfest beers. Had a lot of good ones, except for Lagunitas Tuberfest. Don't care much for Firestone's either.

User avatar
go birds
-go birds
Posts: 32057
Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by go birds »

Im on a Boddingtons kick lately

User avatar
Swirls
gone fission
Posts: 8299
Joined: December 11 07, 4:15 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by Swirls »

Anyone do any Oktoberfesting this year (or have plans to)? Mrs. Swirls and I had a blast over the weekend at a large one at the state fairgrounds in St. Paul hosted by Summit brewing.
[SHOW]
Image
Last edited by Swirls on October 10 16, 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by Freed Roger »

Swirls wrote:Anyone do any Oktoberfesting this year (or have plans to)? Mrs. Swirls and I had a blast over the weekend at one hosted by Summit brewing.
[SHOW]
Image
Swirls - that you in the lederhosen?

User avatar
Swirls
gone fission
Posts: 8299
Joined: December 11 07, 4:15 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by Swirls »

Indeed.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by Freed Roger »

Swirls wrote:Indeed.
Awesome. That wins the thread.

tlombard
tl;dr
Posts: 5042
Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by tlombard »

I don't have anything to add other than the fact that I really need a beer right now. And it is only 10:30 on Monday morning. This weekend can't get here soon enough.

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by JL21 »

Swirls wrote:Indeed.
Dude, that photo is awesome. You and the special lady friend look like every cool person that makes beer festivals fun.

I went to one in Virginia (Starr Hill) a few weeks ago. It was a good time. And it fell on a college football Saturday, so I spent half the event talking to fans of other schools (besides UVA... the event was in Charlottesville).

User avatar
Swirls
gone fission
Posts: 8299
Joined: December 11 07, 4:15 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by Swirls »

I was surprised at how cheap lederhosen costumes were on Amazon. It was like $30. We got our tickets on Groupon, so they were only $15 each which included the mug and our first beer.

Surprisingly, Mrs. Swirls actually already owned a "slutty barmaid" Halloween costume from college. :shock:

Post Reply