2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
Online
User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18725
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by cardinalkarp »

At&T is off Monday, I'm pretty sure most companies observe Monday as the holiday.

Did most companies in DFW get this Monday (or Friday) off to observe the Christmas holiday?

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Bortuzzo signed a two year extension with the Blues. $1.15 AAV.

User avatar
Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline
Posts: 3888
Joined: August 3 16, 9:44 am

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by Farewell Friends »

Every person I know working for a corporation (and I know a lot of people!) have Monday off as a national holiday.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by lukethedrifter »

I think the lesson here is that carsfantx is either screwing over his employees by making them work on Monday "because no one is getting the day off" OR he's trying to convince them how Trumply magnanimous he is by giving them a holiday on Monday "that no one else is getting".

LGB!

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

This has been a steaming diaper of a period for the Blues.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by GeddyWrox »

Awful game. Turrable.

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

User avatar
st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 15769
Joined: June 14 06, 10:17 pm
Location: Small southern IL town, 40 min from STL

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by st.lewis11 »

Finally watched, after I DVR'd it. That was awesome, what a special day, made me proud to be a St.Louis sports fan.

tlombard
tl;dr
Posts: 5042
Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by tlombard »

Back to the day off subject, I found out today that while I had the day off, the rest of my group didn't. I didn't know that was possible. With the merger, I'm one of only two people in my group that came from the 'red' side and we've always had it off. Apparently we haven't completely merged the holiday and vacation schedules yet because I had the day off and then came back today to see emails asking me something and my boss finally replying that she just found out that our side had the day off so don't expect an answer until today. I was off last Friday too and apparently the time table for the training that we have to give was bumped up that morning and I had no idea! The other 7 in my group all came from the company that bought us and they didn't have Monday off. We're working to become truly one company but it's going to take awhile with two companies the size of ours.

Online
User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18725
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by cardinalkarp »

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be in attendance but that looked like an ABSOLUTELY awesome event. While the weather wasn't perfect, the hockey gods kept the rain away for the most part and more importantly the Blues flat out dominated the Hawks.

Post Reply