psychotic break?
- pioneer98
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 22007
- Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
- Location: High A Minors
Re: psychotic break?
When I had my crazy dream last year, it was when I was reading this book:
Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self
It was almost as if my brain decided to show me something related. I knew when I went to bed I was going to have a strange dream, and I've never had that feeling before (or since). I only read the first 12 chapters of the book. It got too strange for me. It delves into some really weird stuff I don't believe in (like out of body experiences and meeting spirits of dead relatives in dreams). But it did make me look at nightmares in a different light.
Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self
It was almost as if my brain decided to show me something related. I knew when I went to bed I was going to have a strange dream, and I've never had that feeling before (or since). I only read the first 12 chapters of the book. It got too strange for me. It delves into some really weird stuff I don't believe in (like out of body experiences and meeting spirits of dead relatives in dreams). But it did make me look at nightmares in a different light.
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18727
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: psychotic break?
There is not a stone that goes unturned at GRB. We've actually had a little discussion about this a few years back.pioneer98 wrote:When I had my crazy dream last year, it was when I was reading this book:
Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self
It was almost as if my brain decided to show me something related. I knew when I went to bed I was going to have a strange dream, and I've never had that feeling before (or since). I only read the first 12 chapters of the book. It got too strange for me. It delves into some really weird stuff I don't believe in (like out of body experiences and meeting spirits of dead relatives in dreams). But it did make me look at nightmares in a different light.
http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewto ... cid+dreams
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: psychotic break?
So... I kept getting these dreams every now and then. Up til very recently. And they’re never not terrifying. One night I had one so bad that I ended up running around the neighborhood I was so scared before coming to. 90% of the time, it happens when my blood sugar is low in the middle of the night and I guess it’s a way of the body waking me up.
Nightmares are associated with low blood sugar so it all makes sense. But none of the docs I ever talked to had heard of anything like it. For a long time I just kind of assumed it was a part of life and learn to live with the fear.
A couple days before learning of cronos’ passing I had one. But it was different. Instead of the fear and general horribleness, it was as if someone was walking me through what caused the dreams. Like a step by step guide of what was happening inside the dream/consciousness and why it was so [expletive] up. Since then haven’t had one which is nice
Nightmares are associated with low blood sugar so it all makes sense. But none of the docs I ever talked to had heard of anything like it. For a long time I just kind of assumed it was a part of life and learn to live with the fear.
A couple days before learning of cronos’ passing I had one. But it was different. Instead of the fear and general horribleness, it was as if someone was walking me through what caused the dreams. Like a step by step guide of what was happening inside the dream/consciousness and why it was so [expletive] up. Since then haven’t had one which is nice
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: psychotic break?
Well this was a cheery read for a Monday morning! IDK how I missed this back in 2013 but yikes! I have crazy dreams sometimes but I'm pretty sure I've never had anything like this. I feel for you peeps that deal with this. UGH.
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: psychotic break?
Alls well that ends well, Geddy! Happy monday 
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12891
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: psychotic break?
I have had a couple weird dreams lately. I have had this semi recurring dream where my wife has died. Like someone shows up at my door to tell me. Every time I wake up from that I feel this profound sadness for a good few hours. Even if my wife is right there next to me. I guess because I know what that is really like and it's one of the things that scares me most.
The second one was really freaky. I woke up (in my dream) and I heard a noise outside. I walk out of the bedroom and into the main part of our house. Our main floor is really open, living room, kitchen, and front foyer are all one big area and the west well is all windows looking out at the lake. Outside of those windows was just this pure white light. It wasn't blinding like hurt my eyes but it was just this pure white. I walk over to door and something just kept telling me to go outside. There I am in my undies stepping out onto the deck into this pure white light. Then all of the sudden the light just sucks up into the sky to the size of a pinhole and I wake up. I just woke up thinking what in the hell was that. I of course then went outside to find nothing.
The second one was really freaky. I woke up (in my dream) and I heard a noise outside. I walk out of the bedroom and into the main part of our house. Our main floor is really open, living room, kitchen, and front foyer are all one big area and the west well is all windows looking out at the lake. Outside of those windows was just this pure white light. It wasn't blinding like hurt my eyes but it was just this pure white. I walk over to door and something just kept telling me to go outside. There I am in my undies stepping out onto the deck into this pure white light. Then all of the sudden the light just sucks up into the sky to the size of a pinhole and I wake up. I just woke up thinking what in the hell was that. I of course then went outside to find nothing.
- Fat_Bulldog
- likes to grate his own cheese
- Posts: 12861
- Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
- Location: Drunk
Re: psychotic break?
My mom passed in 2014 as some of you know. We were very close.
Anyway, every now and then (maybe twice a year) she will appear to me in my dreams. It's always a relevant situation where I just kind of need her there. And I always ask her "are you back for good" and the answer is that she will always say "I'm only here for the next couple of days and then I have to die again" and then I am happy because I get to see her but I have to go through all of the pain again. I always wake up sobbing but kind of thrilled that I got to see her too. It's really a strange feeling once I wake up. And I am sad for a day or two with some happiness as well.
Anyway, every now and then (maybe twice a year) she will appear to me in my dreams. It's always a relevant situation where I just kind of need her there. And I always ask her "are you back for good" and the answer is that she will always say "I'm only here for the next couple of days and then I have to die again" and then I am happy because I get to see her but I have to go through all of the pain again. I always wake up sobbing but kind of thrilled that I got to see her too. It's really a strange feeling once I wake up. And I am sad for a day or two with some happiness as well.
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12891
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: psychotic break?
Fat_Bulldog wrote: ↑November 17 20, 12:27 pmMy mom passed in 2014 as some of you know. We were very close.
Anyway, every now and then (maybe twice a year) she will appear to me in my dreams. It's always a relevant situation where I just kind of need her there. And I always ask her "are you back for good" and the answer is that she will always say "I'm only here for the next couple of days and then I have to die again" and then I am happy because I get to see her but I have to go through all of the pain again. I always wake up sobbing but kind of thrilled that I got to see her too. It's really a strange feeling once I wake up. And I am sad for a day or two with some happiness as well.
I had a similar dream when my Grandpa died. We were really close. I saw him almost everyday and when my Grandma had to go to the nursing home I'd go over and check on him often, bring him food, etc. When he died it was awful. I didn't sleep for a few days and just was really down. One night I had a dream and I was walking in a field towards a truck with two people standing around it. When I got there it was my Grandpa and his brother George, who had died a year earlier. They were laughing and smiling and turned to me and waved. I woke up, and just had this profound peace. I still miss him but I just don't have the sadness I did.




