Basketball
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: Basketball
I decided that a man can't have too many fantasy teams. I'm in and I'm up to 7 active teams.
- mikechamp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11714
- Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
- Location: Southwestern Illinois
Re: Basketball
Welcome, thrill.
I'm wondering if I should make this league un-public now that we've only got 3 spots left. Of course, it would still be open to board members who use the password, previously shared in this thread.
What do you think, fellow board members of the league?
EDIT: Never mind. I'm not sure what I did, but our league is filled. This kind of surprises me, because as I perused the various custom leagues last night, I was noticing a lot of vastly vacant leagues.
Don't know half the people in the league, but oh well. I'm just hoping we didn't get any jerkoffs or deadbeats. Keep your fingers crossed, and buckle up!
I'm wondering if I should make this league un-public now that we've only got 3 spots left. Of course, it would still be open to board members who use the password, previously shared in this thread.
What do you think, fellow board members of the league?
EDIT: Never mind. I'm not sure what I did, but our league is filled. This kind of surprises me, because as I perused the various custom leagues last night, I was noticing a lot of vastly vacant leagues.
Don't know half the people in the league, but oh well. I'm just hoping we didn't get any jerkoffs or deadbeats. Keep your fingers crossed, and buckle up!
- mikechamp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11714
- Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
- Location: Southwestern Illinois
Re: Basketball
TabascoElvis asked me (via PM) about the draft order, and how and when it is set.
It's been my experience, in online Yahoo! drafts, that the draft order is established by Yahoo! about 30 min. prior to the draft. I have no idea how they determine it.
If anyone else has had a different experience, please post it here.
Also, does anyone know some of the "other" managers that signed up? For instance, did anyone invite non-board members? Just curious.
It's been my experience, in online Yahoo! drafts, that the draft order is established by Yahoo! about 30 min. prior to the draft. I have no idea how they determine it.
If anyone else has had a different experience, please post it here.
Also, does anyone know some of the "other" managers that signed up? For instance, did anyone invite non-board members? Just curious.
- clevername
- Bringer of FRBG
- Posts: 10380
- Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
Re: Basketball
yahoo does it randomly around 30-45 minutes before the draft starts. Once you can click on the Live Draft Now! link, the order has been determined.
There's an option in the commish tools to set the order yourself, but you have to go out of your way to do that, I think.
There's an option in the commish tools to set the order yourself, but you have to go out of your way to do that, I think.
- mikechamp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11714
- Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
- Location: Southwestern Illinois
Re: Basketball
If there is that option, I'm not going to use it.clevername wrote:There's an option in the commish tools to set the order yourself, but you have to go out of your way to do that, I think.
In other news, some plans I had tonight from 9-10:30p just fell through, so I get 2 hours to do research instead of just 30 minutes now. Woohoo!
(ugh...)
- clevername
- Bringer of FRBG
- Posts: 10380
- Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
Re: Basketball
I will probably be woefully unprepared. I have a few rank lists online I'll go by, but I'll be horrible with sleepers and the middle round guys.
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: Basketball
I proposed trades to the bums and purple haze.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Basketball
as much as i like gilbert, dont think i can give up kobethrill wrote:I proposed trades to the bums and purple haze.
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: Basketball
What if I sweeten it? Is there any chance?Jocephus wrote:as much as i like gilbert, dont think i can give up kobethrill wrote:I proposed trades to the bums and purple haze.
I really want Kobe.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Basketball
its possible....but now that makes me think taht i really should keep him...ill take a gander at your rosterthrill wrote:What if I sweeten it? Is there any chance?Jocephus wrote:as much as i like gilbert, dont think i can give up kobethrill wrote:I proposed trades to the bums and purple haze.
I really want Kobe.

