2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Here's the embellishment that was missed btw. It's not normal for a team not to have to go on a penalty kill for an entire game (the Hawks have only had to kill 2 total in their past three games).
I'm not sure the outcome is different if they call more penalty but they do matter.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by GeddyWrox »

Stastny out for tonight's game. "Upper body injury", day-to-day. Pietrangelo back after being out with an illness though.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/p ... c9810.html

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by lukethedrifter »

Anyone here going to Winter Classic?

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass
Posts: 14665
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by GeddyWrox »

I wish! Too much dough / too hard to find tickets.

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

GeddyWrox wrote:Stastny out for tonight's game. "Upper body injury", day-to-day. Pietrangelo back after being out with an illness though.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/p ... c9810.html
Stastny is on IR now. Every year it seems.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by lukethedrifter »

Speaking of too much dough, I am returning a Parayko Winter Classic jersey but thought I might offer it at cost since they seem to be sold out of all Blues WC jerseys. Damn thing cost $220 plus tax at Scottrade. Anyway, if anyone is interested pm me in the next day or two.

Seems like the Blues shop was charging close to $40 over NHL.com buts it's so hard to tell with the different quality levels.

Online
User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18727
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by cardinalkarp »

lukethedrifter wrote:Speaking of too much dough, I am returning a Parayko Winter Classic jersey but thought I might offer it at cost since they seem to be sold out of all Blues WC jerseys. Damn thing cost $220 plus tax at Scottrade. Anyway, if anyone is interested pm me in the next day or two.

Seems like the Blues shop was charging close to $40 over NHL.com buts it's so hard to tell with the different quality levels.
I would've grabbed it from you if I didn't already get a Schwartz. I'm pretty sure if you're going to order off NHL.com but I believe there's a pretty long wait to get specific players jerseys. The quality levels should be the exact same, as long as your comparing like jerseys (I think they have Edge, Premier, or Authentic).

BTW, Statsny is back in the lineup tonight.

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Fabbri is on a line with Berglund and Jaskin. :(

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12194
Joined: November 6 10, 10:58 am

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by cardsfantx »

i guess i haven't paid THAT much attention to the winter classic games since the blues weren't in it till this year...but what's up with the noon start on a monday? is that normal/do it on a weekday in the middle of the day when people are at work?

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by lukethedrifter »

People aren't working on Monday since Sunday is New Years Day.

Post Reply