UPDATE: Cards Acquire Holliday, page 26
- Radbird
- There's someone in my head but it's not me
- Posts: 62346
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
- Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II
UPDATE: Cards Close to Acquiring Holliday, page 18
Rosenthal is saying it now too, although he doesn't say who is going to the A's.
Sources: Cardinals close to deal for Holliday
Sources: Cardinals close to deal for Holliday
- clevername
- Bringer of FRBG
- Posts: 10380
- Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
Re: Matt Holliday & Willingham Thread (new: Holliday rumor 7/23)
funny. Rosenthal was the Debbie Downer from earlier this morning.
- cards2468
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 14745
- Joined: October 28 06, 11:10 pm
- Location: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT
Re: Matt Holliday & Willingham Thread (new: Holliday rumor 7/23)
Somebody at CT said this said on SC that it's 3B Brett Wallace, OF Shane Peterson, and P Clayton Mortensen for Matt Holliday.
Oh boy...
Oh boy...
- InvincibleCakeEater
- GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
- Posts: 28275
- Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
- Location: Raptured
Re: Matt Holliday & Willingham Thread (new: Holliday rumor 7/23)
That's what I heard on SportsCenter.cards2468 wrote:Somebody at CT said this said on SC that it's 3B Brett Wallace, OF Shane Peterson, and P Clayton Mortensen for Matt Holliday.
Oh boy...
- clevername
- Bringer of FRBG
- Posts: 10380
- Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
Re: UPDATE: Cards Close to Acquiring Holliday, page 18
yeah, I'm not hot on including Mortensen, but I don't think it kills the deal for me. Peterson I don't care about.
Seems like we're giving up more than we probably should, though.
Seems like we're giving up more than we probably should, though.
Last edited by clevername on July 24 09, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
- JL21
- NPR & THT Contributor
- Posts: 36109
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
- Location: Chocolate City
Re: Matt Holliday & Willingham Thread (new: Holliday rumor 7/23)
Tossing in Mortensen- if he's part of the package- just seems silly. And like Wallace, I'm not as high on the kid as others are.
I really don't think I like this deal. At all.
Holliday + DeRosa (over Thurston/Duncan/Ankiel/Schu's glove/whatever combination those two replace) should net them about 3 more wins from here on out. But both are done dealing after the year and you lost six cost-controlled years of the Walrus for that right, along with two guys who factor into your bullpen depth (if Mortensen is part of the package).
I really don't think I like this deal. At all.
Holliday + DeRosa (over Thurston/Duncan/Ankiel/Schu's glove/whatever combination those two replace) should net them about 3 more wins from here on out. But both are done dealing after the year and you lost six cost-controlled years of the Walrus for that right, along with two guys who factor into your bullpen depth (if Mortensen is part of the package).
- Swingingbunt
- All-Star
- Posts: 2904
- Joined: April 4 08, 9:49 am
- Location: Indianapolis
Re: Matt Holliday & Willingham Thread (new: Holliday rumor 7/23)
If it's all three it's an epic fail for Mo.cards2468 wrote:Somebody at CT said this said on SC that it's 3B Brett Wallace, OF Shane Peterson, and P Clayton Mortensen for Matt Holliday.
Oh boy...
Wallace and Peterson I'm fine with.
Wallace and Morty and I'm feeling queasy, but I'll deal with it.
- cards2468
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 14745
- Joined: October 28 06, 11:10 pm
- Location: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT
Re: UPDATE: Cards Close to Acquiring Holliday, page 18
if true, this is starting to remind me the Family Guy episode where Bill Clinton has sex with Lois and then Peter... Billy Beane is working over Mo 
- skmsw
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 6340
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:12 pm
- Location: The Hub
Re: UPDATE: Cards Close to Acquiring Holliday, page 18
I would not mind that trade at all if it includes a 48-hour window to negotiate, or if the trade is announced something like "The Cardinals acquired Matt Holliday and announced that they've signed him to a four-year, $60mm contract extension with two option years."
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: UPDATE: Cards Close to Acquiring Holliday, page 18
I'm not doing backflips over this one.
It's worth noting we'll get draft picks if he declines arbitration in the off-season.
It's worth noting we'll get draft picks if he declines arbitration in the off-season.




