Manti Te'o got ate by a catfish or something

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
Vidor
You've just been hit by...VidorSmarm™
Posts: 22956
Joined: June 10 10, 7:50 pm

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by Vidor »

Image

MrSaigon

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by MrSaigon »

docellis wrote:2 things....first, is it kind of weird that so many somoans were involved in this story? i mean, even troy palamalue is tangentially involved.

second, this may have been brought up already, but when thinking of motives, has anyone thought, maybe he is gay? maybe he was involved in the creation of this "character" to make him seem straight when coeds were throwing themselves at him? doesn't explain killing her off, but I can't think of a better motive than that. the heisman stuff as a motive seems really naive and immature.
Having lived in Hawaii, if one Samoan is involved, most Samoans are involved. I've seen this personally as a positive and a negative--though usually positive (not that I had a ton of experiences). And I really think all his odd talk of her family has to do with his culture.

I think the truth will be learned, but I'm leaning that he went duped to duper.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by Jocephus »

Vidor wrote:Image
johnny football looks like a trollish barry switzer

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by Freed Roger »

Vidor wrote:Image
Have to admit - that is a good one.

MrSaigon

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by MrSaigon »

Freed Roger wrote:
Vidor wrote:Image
Have to admit - that is a good one.
Good photo shopping too, to get rid of all the big bills that had been stuffed in to those pockets.

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by cardsfansince82 »

One silver lining here is we won't have to hear insufferable ND fans talk about how they are better because they only bring in smart, high character guys any more. Ah, who am I kidding?

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by stlouie_lipp »

cardsfansince82 wrote:I'm personally still not buying the "duped and then lied a little about it" explanation at all. He had to be more complicit in this whether it was a closet thing or simply for attention.
That's where I'm at too. I think he knew more and knew it earlier than he says he did.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

cardsfansince82 wrote:One silver lining here is we won't have to hear insufferable ND fans talk about how they are better because they only bring in smart, high character guys any more. Ah, who am I kidding?
I thought them making the NC game this year would put an end to the 'we can't be competitive because our admissions are too stringent' argument. Instead, they doulbed down with how much greater they are than everyone because they made the NC game DESPITE being disadvantaged due to their strict admissions.

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by JL21 »

cardsfansince82 wrote:One silver lining here is we won't have to hear insufferable ND fans talk about how they are better because they only bring in smart, high character guys any more. Ah, who am I kidding?
My silver lining is that the discussion about Lance Armstrong has been lessened greatly.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Manti Te'o is a liar

Post by Socnorb11 »

Rotoworld:
ESPN's Outside the Lines reports that Ronaiah Tuiasosopo confessed in December to being the ringleader of a hoax that duped Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o into believing he had a deceased girlfriend.
Tuiasosopo was reportedly "crying" when he admitted to duping Te'o to a church friend. Interviewed by ESPN's Shelley Smith, the friend said Tuiasosopo performed similar hoaxes in the past. "(Ronaiah) told me that Manti was not involved at all, he was a victim," the friend recounted. "... The girlfriend was a lie, the accident was a lie, the leukemia was a lie. ... It's not only Manti, but he was telling me that it's a lot of other people they had done this to." If ESPN's report is true -- and Outside the Lines has a long history of reliability -- Te'o's 2013 NFL Draft stock should not be significantly impacted. Source: ESPN.com Jan 18 - 12:49

Post Reply