Tebow's NFL career

A forum for non-baseball sports
Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Tebow's NFL career

Post by Socnorb11 »

cardsfansince82 wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote: I think the consensus here (GRB) is that nobody really likes him (except you and I)........ or at least that's the impression that I get. I guess there's not much middle ground, you either really like him or really dislike him. I can "kinda" see why people question his football ability, but I'm not sure what's not to like about him, as a person.
For every person that likes him for his outspoken religious convictions, there's at least one person who is going to find that off-putting. I've already said I don't dislike him personally. I just don't understand why a third string quarterback warrants constant discussion on ESPN. He's like Joba Chamberlain to the hundredth power.
I also don't understand why there's so much fascination with him. But it's not like he's begging for the attention.

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: Tebow's NFL career

Post by Leroy »

Do people wear their Tebow jerseys to church?

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Tebow's NFL career

Post by Socnorb11 »

Leroy wrote:Do people wear their Tebow jerseys to church?

Ha. I'm in Iowa, so I haven't seen it. Wouldn't shock me a bit if they do in Colorado.

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: Tebow's NFL career

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Socnorb11 wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote: I think the consensus here (GRB) is that nobody really likes him (except you and I)........ or at least that's the impression that I get. I guess there's not much middle ground, you either really like him or really dislike him. I can "kinda" see why people question his football ability, but I'm not sure what's not to like about him, as a person.
For every person that likes him for his outspoken religious convictions, there's at least one person who is going to find that off-putting. I've already said I don't dislike him personally. I just don't understand why a third string quarterback warrants constant discussion on ESPN. He's like Joba Chamberlain to the hundredth power.
I also don't understand why there's so much fascination with him. But it's not like he's begging for the attention.
Yeah, putting yourself in a Super Bowl commercial is a good way to avoid attention. No one watches that.

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38618
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: Tebow's NFL career

Post by sighyoung »

Leroy wrote:Do people wear their Tebow jerseys to church?
Image

I've seen some of the art work available on the internet.

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: Tebow's NFL career

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Socnorb11 wrote:There's a reason he dominated the best conference in college football.
It's probably not the reason you are thinking of.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Tebow's NFL career

Post by Socnorb11 »

cardsfansince82 wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:There's a reason he dominated the best conference in college football.
It's probably not the reason you are thinking of.

He's a great athlete with a ridiculous work ethic, mostly.

What's your reason?
Last edited by Socnorb11 on August 27 11, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Tebow's NFL career

Post by Socnorb11 »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote: I think the consensus here (GRB) is that nobody really likes him (except you and I)........ or at least that's the impression that I get. I guess there's not much middle ground, you either really like him or really dislike him. I can "kinda" see why people question his football ability, but I'm not sure what's not to like about him, as a person.
For every person that likes him for his outspoken religious convictions, there's at least one person who is going to find that off-putting. I've already said I don't dislike him personally. I just don't understand why a third string quarterback warrants constant discussion on ESPN. He's like Joba Chamberlain to the hundredth power.
I also don't understand why there's so much fascination with him. But it's not like he's begging for the attention.
Yeah, putting yourself in a Super Bowl commercial is a good way to avoid attention. No one watches that.

That was pre-NFL. As a college athlete, I can absolutely understand why there was so much fascination with him. He did things that no other college football player had done.

User avatar
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 24273
Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Contact:

Re: Tebow's NFL career

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Socnorb11 wrote: That was pre-NFL. As a college athlete, I can absolutely understand why there was so much fascination with him. He did things that no other college football player had done.
He certainly was an annoying little prick. Whiney it turns out too.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Tebow's NFL career

Post by Socnorb11 »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote: That was pre-NFL. As a college athlete, I can absolutely understand why there was so much fascination with him. He did things that no other college football player had done.
He certainly was an annoying little prick. Whiney it turns out too.
Really?

Post Reply