A forum for non-baseball sports
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159 Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit
Post
by StL Dan » April 23 07, 10:36 pm
I'm rooting for Anaheim now, as well.
But, I want an Eastern Conf team to win it all so that Pronger doesn't get a Cup.
I'm sick of the Brett Hulls, Brendan Shanahans, Scott Stevens, Cujos, etc getting Cups after they leave the Blues.
cabby7588
All-Star
Posts: 2970 Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
Contact:
Post
by cabby7588 » April 23 07, 11:24 pm
Interesting Vancouver wore retros in game 7. Players had to use different pants and helmets...Not a huge deal, just odd timeing.
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089 Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation
Post
by stlmark » April 23 07, 11:35 pm
StL Dan wrote: I'm rooting for Anaheim now, as well.
But, I want an Eastern Conf team to win it all so that Pronger doesn't get a Cup.
I'm sick of the Brett Hulls, Brendan Shanahans, Scott Stevens, Cujos, etc getting Cups after they leave the Blues.
If Buffalo wins it, Jochen Hecht will win it.
I really woudn't mind seeing Pronger win it.
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159 Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit
Post
by StL Dan » April 24 07, 7:02 am
stlmark wrote: StL Dan wrote: I'm rooting for Anaheim now, as well.
But, I want an Eastern Conf team to win it all so that Pronger doesn't get a Cup.
I'm sick of the Brett Hulls, Brendan Shanahans, Scott Stevens, Cujos, etc getting Cups after they leave the Blues.
If Buffalo wins it, Jochen Hecht will win it.
I really woudn't mind seeing Pronger win it.
That's a little different. Hecht was still developing as a player when he was with the Blues. He played his role well, but, he wasn't a big time difference maker like the aforementioned stars.
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159 Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit
Post
by StL Dan » April 24 07, 7:03 am
cabby7588 wrote: Interesting Vancouver wore retros in game 7. Players had to use different pants and helmets...Not a huge deal, just odd timeing.
The same thought crossed my mind while watching that game.
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089 Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation
Post
by stlmark » April 25 07, 7:10 pm
Buffalo and NYR start their 2nd round series tonight as do Vancouver and Anaheim.
I work, so I can't watch. Any updates?
ThreeAces
Veteran Player
Posts: 851 Joined: April 30 06, 6:57 pm
Post
by ThreeAces » April 25 07, 8:57 pm
Buffalo won to take the lead 1-0.
Anaheim leads 3-1 after 1.
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089 Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation
Post
by stlmark » April 25 07, 9:08 pm
ThreeAces wrote: Buffalo won to take the lead 1-0.
Anaheim leads 3-1 after 1.
Thanks! :thumbup:
ThreeAces
Veteran Player
Posts: 851 Joined: April 30 06, 6:57 pm
Post
by ThreeAces » April 25 07, 9:46 pm
3-1 Anaheim after 2.
These Ducks are fast and fun to watch.
ThreeAces
Veteran Player
Posts: 851 Joined: April 30 06, 6:57 pm
Post
by ThreeAces » April 25 07, 10:16 pm
Getzlaf scores to make it 4-1 Anaheim. Vancouver pulls Luongo.