Page 2 of 3

Posted: October 21 06, 11:14 pm
by JCShutout
StL Dan wrote:
whyhellothere wrote:
clevername wrote: I like that lineup, though I'm still not crazy about Spiezio as a right handed batter.
Spiezio's numbers against Rogers (35 ab's)

.395 avg
.439 obp
.605 slg
1.044 ops

I like Spiezio in the lineup :cool:
My reaction about the prospects of Speezer in the lineup were the same as whyhellothere's. Then, I read your post, clever. Hmmm.
Ditto. WOW.

Posted: October 22 06, 1:30 am
by vinsanity
As far as I'm concerned...we were playing with house money when we got here. Now we've just be re-loaded by the house and a win tomorrow is gravy.

I hope Weaver pitches well enough to keep us in it. I hope the Cards show some discipline against Rogers even if we lose. I'll take a 4 - 3 loss if it means we stayed in it and stayed patient on the soft tosser.

Posted: October 22 06, 1:41 am
by EastonBlues22
pujolswrox wrote:Not a beef... just a question... but why was Yadi back in the 8 hole after being swapped with Belly in game 7? Seemed like a great move. Why not stick with it?
No need to have the speed in the 8 hole with an AL lineup...no pitcher so no need to bunt over the runner. With AL lineups, small ball strategies like that are pretty much a waste of time.

Posted: October 22 06, 8:00 am
by Suicide_Squeeze
I know this is somewhat off-topic, but did anyone notice last night that the team let Reyes get to the front of the line when they came to meet each other? I thought that was a nice sign of respect. :cool: Also, Jimmy wrapped his arm around Reyes' head and whispered something to him. I'd pay bars of gold to heart what it was....

Posted: October 22 06, 8:25 am
by businessmansspecial
one of the "Sports Reporters" said that Leland made the mistake to pitch to Pujols because he forgot and thought he was pitching to A-Rod.


Image


Image


Image

Good stuff.

Posted: October 22 06, 8:48 am
by bronx_bird
We have to put the hammer down tonight.

The Tigers will be tight, knowing an 0-2 deficit heading to StL will put them into the same position they had on the A's. I think they'll be tight and anxious.

Deep-into-the-postseason LaRussa teams (except the '89 A's) have had trouble putting the hammer down.

It's time to put the mf'in hammer down....tonight.

Posted: October 22 06, 8:53 am
by GeddyWrox
EastonBlues22 wrote:
pujolswrox wrote:Not a beef... just a question... but why was Yadi back in the 8 hole after being swapped with Belly in game 7? Seemed like a great move. Why not stick with it?
No need to have the speed in the 8 hole with an AL lineup...no pitcher so no need to bunt over the runner. With AL lineups, small ball strategies like that are pretty much a waste of time.
I was just thinking in terms of production at the plate. Molina has been our most consistent hitter for most of the post season. He's certainly seeing the ball better than Belliard at this point...

But like I said, I am not criticizing TLR... It certainly didn't cause any problems last night. Stick with whatever works. :cool:

Posted: October 22 06, 8:55 am
by heyzeus
I hope Kenny Rogers flips out and decks a camera man.

What a turd. We need something from our right handers besides AP - eckstein, encarnacion, rolen, and if he's playing preston wilson. We need you guys.

Posted: October 22 06, 8:56 am
by GeddyWrox
bronx_bird wrote:We have to put the hammer down tonight.

The Tigers will be tight, knowing an 0-2 deficit heading to StL will put them into the same position they had on the A's. I think they'll be tight and anxious.

Deep-into-the-postseason LaRussa teams (except the '89 A's) have had trouble putting the hammer down.

It's time to put the mf'in hammer down....tonight.
Damn Straight!!!
Image

Posted: October 22 06, 8:58 am
by GeddyWrox
heyzeus wrote:I hope Kenny Rogers flips out and decks a camera man.

What a turd. We need something from our right handers besides AP - eckstein, encarnacion, rolen, and if he's playing preston wilson. We need you guys.
Rolen was my pick in the Game 2 Heros thread a few minutes ago... I think he's starting to dial it in right now. How huge would it be for him and Jimmy to get hot hitting behing AP???

HUGE<--- It would be like that! But even bigger. =D>