Page 2 of 3
Re: Tweet viewing
Posted: May 10 21, 1:44 pm
by G. Keenan
I'd recently installed the Duck Duck Go extension and that was the culprit. It was blocking embedded Tweets from displaying on GRB. I told Duck Duck Go not to care about GRB and that did the trick.
Re: Tweet viewing
Posted: May 10 21, 1:51 pm
by CardsofSTL
G. Keenan wrote: ↑May 10 21, 1:44 pm
I'd recently installed the Duck Duck Go extension and that was the culprit. It was blocking embedded Tweets from displaying on GRB. I told Duck Duck Go not to care about GRB and that did the trick.
I am about tired of Duck Duck Go getting into GRB's business.
Re: Tweet viewing
Posted: May 10 21, 1:52 pm
by CardsofSTL
GeddyWrox wrote: ↑May 10 21, 12:45 pm
This may or may not be your issue with viewing tweets... but I notice that every so often my browser doesn't want to fully load the tweets. I can see gray space, or text but no image. I have always assumed this was either internet slowness in my house or at the router on our telephone pole. It has always fixed itself a few minutes/hours later.
That's your hamster getting tired.

Re: Tweet viewing
Posted: May 10 21, 2:02 pm
by GeddyWrox
CardsofSTL wrote: ↑May 10 21, 1:52 pm
GeddyWrox wrote: ↑May 10 21, 12:45 pm
This may or may not be your issue with viewing tweets... but I notice that every so often my browser doesn't want to fully load the tweets. I can see gray space, or text but no image. I have always assumed this was either internet slowness in my house or at the router on our telephone pole. It has always fixed itself a few minutes/hours later.
That's your hamster getting tired.
OHHHHH! Good call. I'll give him some fresh carrots and water.
Re: Tweet viewing
Posted: November 1 22, 12:29 pm
by vinsanity
I'm not seeing tweets at all any more it seems?
Re: Tweet viewing
Posted: November 1 22, 12:39 pm
by vinsanity
vinsanity wrote: ↑November 1 22, 12:29 pm
I'm not seeing tweets at all any more it seems?
Appears to be a Chrome issue. Is anyone else having it?
Re: Tweet viewing
Posted: November 2 22, 6:49 am
by GeddyWrox
Some of the tweets I've posted in the Vladdy Putin Super Unhappy Invasion thread are still showing up for me. I don't know if the browser caches tweets like it does images though.
Re: Tweet viewing
Posted: November 2 22, 10:40 am
by thrill
Speaking of twitter, at other message boards (NSBB) I can just paste the link without having to manually add twitter tags and it shows up but here I have to tag it and remove the extraneous URL parts to get it to work?
Re: Tweet viewing
Posted: August 23 23, 11:39 am
by GeddyWrox
Is linking tweets broken or am I just stupid all of a sudden?
Re: Tweet viewing
Posted: August 29 23, 10:47 am
by TheoSqua
It may be an issue with twitter's domain switch. I don't know if I should be using twitter.com or x.com. Let me know what you're seeing.