Page 2 of 38

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: December 9 17, 4:49 pm
by IMADreamer
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
obucard wrote:My uncle knew he was getting old when he saw an old rerun of The Andy Griffith Show and thought Aunt Bee looked kinda good.
A corallary to this: You know you are old when college girl look like high school girls.

When I was single a few years back I had a friend that wanted to set me up with this girl. When I saw her I said to my friend "wow she's way to young for me, I can't date a college girl." My friend goes "She's 28."

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: December 9 17, 5:22 pm
by Radbird
When I realize most of my childhood memories are in B&W.

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: December 9 17, 6:12 pm
by sighyoung
When music that was only played on college radio when I was growing up is now department-store muzak.

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: December 9 17, 6:14 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
It started this year when the Rams hired a head coach younger than me.

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: December 9 17, 6:22 pm
by Joe Shlabotnik
When you work for bosses younger than your kids.

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: December 9 17, 7:02 pm
by Tambourine Man
I've taken to going out to a bar where I rarely recognize anyone completely alone. And my phone stays at home. It's a lot more fun than being around people I've known for years and jacking around on my phone because I'm bored.

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: December 9 17, 7:08 pm
by cardinalkarp
If it’s not for a sporting event you’ll be lucky to talk me into doing anything past 9pm.

And put me in the “can’t sleep past 8am club”

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: December 9 17, 7:50 pm
by CardsofSTL
I have nothing relevant to add to this thread so I must still be incredibly youthful and energetic.

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: December 9 17, 9:01 pm
by stlouie_lipp
Jocephus wrote:i really can't sleep past 8am anymore.
On the rare Sunday when I sleep until 8:30am I wake up and feel like I've wasted the whole day.

Re: Signs you are getting old

Posted: December 9 17, 9:05 pm
by stlouie_lipp
Tambourine Man wrote:I've taken to going out to a bar where I rarely recognize anyone completely alone. And my phone stays at home. It's a lot more fun than being around people I've known for years and jacking around on my phone because I'm bored.
This sounds like fun.