Apparently I'm just special.Diddy wrote:I didn't realize you were old enough to have shingles. Everyone that I know that's had them is 60+
Things I have in common with TLR
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Things I have in common with TLR
Online
-
cardsfantx
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: November 6 10, 10:58 am
Re: Things I have in common with TLR
yeah, that's crazy...can't wait till i get them!
funny story...like 10 years ago was at my parents house for christmas, and was getting some advil from their bathroom and saw valtrex prescribed to my mom in the cabinet. well of course i had to say something!! i'm like mom, you have herpes??!! lol, no it was for shingles she apparently had on her back. (or so she says?)
funny story...like 10 years ago was at my parents house for christmas, and was getting some advil from their bathroom and saw valtrex prescribed to my mom in the cabinet. well of course i had to say something!! i'm like mom, you have herpes??!! lol, no it was for shingles she apparently had on her back. (or so she says?)
- obucard
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 8178
- Joined: April 18 06, 11:04 pm
- Location: Central AR
Re: Things I have in common with TLR
My cousin is 43 and had them a couple of months ago. A family friend had them at 21.Diddy wrote:I didn't realize you were old enough to have shingles. Everyone that I know that's had them is 60+
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12891
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Things I have in common with TLR
Is there a shingles epidemic right now? You would be the fourth person I know with them. From what I've been told they are one of the most painful things you can get. Good luck.
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Things I have in common with TLR
I don't mean to be a baby, but it feels like I just pitched a double header with a torn rotator cuff.IMADreamer wrote:Is there a shingles epidemic right now? You would be the fourth person I know with them. From what I've been told they are one of the most painful things you can get. Good luck.
Basically, I'm Mark Mulder now.
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Things I have in common with TLR
It was really fun when Mrs. Zeus came back from the pharmacy and announced "here's your Valtrex prescription!"cardsfantx wrote:yeah, that's crazy...can't wait till i get them!
funny story...like 10 years ago was at my parents house for christmas, and was getting some advil from their bathroom and saw valtrex prescribed to my mom in the cabinet. well of course i had to say something!! i'm like mom, you have herpes??!! lol, no it was for shingles she apparently had on her back. (or so she says?)
Everyone who's ever had chickenpox has the virus dormant in their body, apparently.
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: Things I have in common with TLR
Everyday herpes survivor
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Things I have in common with TLR
Michael wrote:Everyday herpes survivor
Ironically I can now change your custom rank but you can't change mine.
- go birds
- -go birds
- Posts: 32057
- Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Re: Things I have in common with TLR
when i got them, i was putting a lot of stress on my body--weightlifting hardcore, taking a bunch of supplements/creatine, etc and not exactly eating healthy so it was somewhat counterproductive.
I think it was my body's way of saying "chill the [expletive] out, bro"
I think it was my body's way of saying "chill the [expletive] out, bro"
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Things I have in common with TLR
In my case, I have a 2 year old that doesn't want me to sleep and a $900 million project of doom to figure out how the hell to manage.go birds wrote:when i got them, i was putting a lot of stress on my body--weightlifting hardcore, taking a bunch of supplements/creatine, etc and not exactly eating healthy so it was somewhat counterproductive.
I think it was my body's way of saying "chill the [expletive] out, bro"



