Cabby's Preseason NFL Power Rankings

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
ToughGuy_BlueShirt
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4211
Joined: May 19 06, 3:30 pm

Post by ToughGuy_BlueShirt »

I think you're underestimating the Rams.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Post by Socnorb11 »

The Rams were near the bottom of the NFC in total defense last year....... and that was playing in the offensively-challenged NFC West (Arizona, Seattle and San Francisco all finished in the bottom 7 of the NFC in offense last year).

Seattle, San Francisco and Arizona all finished in the bottom half of the NFC in total defense, too........... so it's hard to get excited about the performance of St. Louis' offense.
Last edited by Socnorb11 on June 4 07, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators
Posts: 11413
Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy

Post by Tambourine Man »

Socnorb11 wrote:The Rams were near the bottom of the NFC in total offense last year....... and that was playing in the offensively-challenged NFC West (Arizona, Seattle and San Francisco all finished in the bottom 7 of the NFC in offense last year).

Seattle, San Francisco and Arizona all finished in the bottom half of the NFC in total defense, too........... so it's hard to get excited about the performance of St. Louis' offense.
Typo?

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Post by Socnorb11 »

Tambourine Man wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:The Rams were near the bottom of the NFC in total offense last year....... and that was playing in the offensively-challenged NFC West (Arizona, Seattle and San Francisco all finished in the bottom 7 of the NFC in offense last year).

Seattle, San Francisco and Arizona all finished in the bottom half of the NFC in total defense, too........... so it's hard to get excited about the performance of St. Louis' offense.
Typo?
Yup, I meant "defense". Thanks for the catch. I'll edit......

User avatar
Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 8386
Joined: May 12 06, 7:09 pm
Location: CoMo

Post by Secret Weapon »

Rams last in the NFC West? Seahawks 9th best overall?

Ehhh, don't know about all that.

User avatar
letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3654
Joined: April 17 06, 7:35 pm
Location: Too close for missiles, switching to guns

Post by letsgocards89 »

Be prepared to see the Raiders move to between 15 and 20 this season. They had a very strong D last year to which they've added more depth, and the offensive troubles were the result of a high school-level game plan. The O-line had about 5 different coaches without any sort of consistency in teaching or scheme. There's too much talent on this team to remain at 31. Not to mention addition by subtraction in losing Randy Moss. As a side note: I've been a big fan of Andrew Walter but supposedly the one wowing in Oaktown is Josh McCown. Russell is impressing peeps but I guess McCown looks great.

User avatar
cabby7588
All-Star
Posts: 2970
Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
Contact:

Post by cabby7588 »

Radio_Bugtussle wrote:Chiefs. Remember, their defense in effect stopped your Colts only to have the OL forget that they are supposed to block every now and then. KC has loaded up on DT's. They added two solid LB's to an already decent LB corps. Edwards and company believe they have workable solutions to their OL problems. I'm not worried about the QB spot.
The O-Line didn't forget to block. The Colts have the fastest D-Line in the NFL, and they completely changed their scheme around in the playoffs, and that threw the Chiefs off. The O-line didn't forget to block, they just didn't know how to stop the Colts.

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Post by thrill »

How is McGahee a more accomplished runner than Jamal Lewis?

User avatar
cabby7588
All-Star
Posts: 2970
Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
Contact:

Post by cabby7588 »

Let me take a guess at everyones favorite teams on here.
DynamicDynamite wrote:ok Cabby, I got ya on the whole ranking for the most part... but the Rams at 22
Rams fan. I think the Rams offense is going to be very good this year if the O-line holds up, but the D just aint cuttin it. As good as the Rams offense is, they can't make up for that ridiculous defense. I hope the Rams prove me wrong, I'm not a Rams fan but I like to see them succeed.
Radio_Bugtussle wrote:Chiefs. Remember, their defense in effect stopped your Colts only to have the OL forget that they are supposed to block every now and then. KC has loaded up on DT's. They added two solid LB's to an already decent LB corps. Edwards and company believe they have workable solutions to their OL problems. I'm not worried about the QB spot.
Chiefs fan. 4.7 yards per carry from our running backs, Peyton 30/38 isn't exactly shutting down the Colts offense...But 3 interceptions is very impressive. I wouldn't say the Chiefs shut our offense down, but I'll admit...Ty Law owns Peyton Manning, and that is a very hard title to gain.
Fat Strat wrote:I'm not going to say that your rankings on the Chiefs are wrong, cause it's pretty fair. Maybe a little higher (15 or so) considering they were a playoff team last year and have improved both offensively and defensively. They are definitely a team to watch and could very easily have a top 10 defense next year to accompany a top-notch running game.

How much impact with QB play have on our club? Not much.
Chiefs fan. On the QB situation, it sure as hell looked like you could have used one in the AFC Wild Card game. The Chiefs are a team like the Steelers though, they can get by with a decent QB. I think the Chiefs can move up in those rankings for sure, but not getting a first down against the COLTS defense in the playoffs until the 3rd down is pretty terrifying if the same QB is going to lead your team next year. Do they have a good second running back this year? LJ may get worn out. I'm sure that's why he only had 32 rushing yards against the Colts. With a little rest, he may had gotten up to 40 :wink:
StLBlitzerMM515 wrote:No way are the Seahawks THAT much better than the Rams. Rams and Whiners on top of the divison, Seahacks and Cardinals are the bottom feeders.


Blitzer
Rams fan. If the Seahawks are healthy all year...Why not?
Socnorb11 wrote:The Rams were near the bottom of the NFC in total defense last year....... and that was playing in the offensively-challenged NFC West (Arizona, Seattle and San Francisco all finished in the bottom 7 of the NFC in offense last year). Seattle, San Francisco and Arizona all finished in the bottom half of the NFC in total defense, too........... so it's hard to get excited about the performance of St. Louis' offense.
Couldn't agree more.
Popeye_Card wrote:I think you have to rank the Patriots as the best team right now. On paper at least.
Image
Seriously though, this team is stacked. They are every bit as good as the Colts...It's a tossup between 1 and 2. (I hope your not a Pats fan, I actually like you)...I'm sure you're just making a good point :lol:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote: I for one was shocked, SHOCKED, to see them number 1.
Aren't you a Bears fan? :)


I love how everyone thinks THEIR team is under ranked. :lol: Don't get me wrong, I would argue if the Colts weren't #1 either. ESPN has the Pats #1 and the Colts #2...Any Colts fan would have Colts 1 and Pats 2, and vise versa for a Pats fan. Maybe it is a little bias, but until the Colts lose, they have still won the last three meetings between the two teams, including an AFC Championship. When these two teams square off this season, it will be Manning vs Brady again, and whoever is better, will win. Randy Moss isn't going to be the Randy Moss he was with Daunte Culpepper...At least I hope not.

As for the Rams fans, sorry, I'm not feeling it yet. They are a decent team in the NFC, and that probably wont get them far. Are they that much better this year than last year?

User avatar
cabby7588
All-Star
Posts: 2970
Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
Contact:

Post by cabby7588 »

thrill wrote:How is McGahee a more accomplished runner than Jamal Lewis?
Seriously? The Ravens O-line is pretty damn solid lead by the best OT in the NFL, and McGahee is coming from an absolutley horrible line, and is about 5 years younger. Jamal Lewis isn't any good anymore, trust me, he was on my fantasy team two straight years. Jamal is brutal, and McGahee should be awesome behind this O-Line.

Post Reply