Yep. It's official. I was kinda thinking West Virginia would be #1. But it's extremely close right now between the two teams. .978-.971paskal wrote:Mizzou BCS #1!
Kansas or Missouri ?
- GatewaySnayke
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11923
- Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
- Location: GatewaySnaykebird
Re: Kansas or Missouri ?
- fanforever
- Retired
- Posts: 67125
- Joined: April 17 06, 5:03 pm
- Location: Northern NJ-The Twilight Zone
Re: Kansas or Missouri ?
So what is everyone's thoughts on facing Oklahoma in San Antonio?
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Kansas or Missouri ?
After last night's game, as dominant as the Tigers were through most of the game, I can see why there are doubts about Mizzou as the number 1 team in the country.
They have had an incredible season and I definitely don't want to diminish what they have accomplished. They should be proud of themselves.
Still I understand why some of the pundit sorts aren't fully on the bandwagon as far as being the top team in the country.
The beautiful thing is that they can win two more games and it won't matter who doubted them.
GO TIGERS!
They have had an incredible season and I definitely don't want to diminish what they have accomplished. They should be proud of themselves.
Still I understand why some of the pundit sorts aren't fully on the bandwagon as far as being the top team in the country.
The beautiful thing is that they can win two more games and it won't matter who doubted them.
GO TIGERS!
-
BenNX74205
- All-Star
- Posts: 2541
- Joined: April 18 06, 2:57 pm
Re: Kansas or Missouri ?
I think it's safe to say there are many who have doubts about Mizzou being the number 1 team in the nation. The problem this year is that at this point, you can make a case against every team in the BCS top 10 being number 1 in the nation. It's awesome to see that "1" next to Missouri in the polls, but what matters most to me is that Mizzou is one of the top two teams in the BCS. They still have a tall order in their rematch against Oklahoma, but win that game and Mizzou is in the title game. Plus, Mizzou would get the added benefit of beating the only team that has beaten them this season so far.lukethedrifter wrote:After last night's game, as dominant as the Tigers were through most of the game, I can see why there are doubts about Mizzou as the number 1 team in the country.
They have had an incredible season and I definitely don't want to diminish what they have accomplished. They should be proud of themselves.
Still I understand why some of the pundit sorts aren't fully on the bandwagon as far as being the top team in the country.
The beautiful thing is that they can win two more games and it won't matter who doubted them.
GO TIGERS!
Mizzou's defense was flat-out dominant that first half, and looked great overall. They chose to attack Reesing and the offensive line with heavy blitz packages, and it worked until the 4th quarter when the KU receivers were able to make some acrobatic, amazing catches. The safety with 12 seconds left, and the image of Reesing pulling sod out of his entire face mask, put a nice signature on probably the biggest win in Missouri football history.
I wasn't personally at the game, but my parents made the trip out from St. Louis and ended up sitting smack in the middle of the Kansas side in the upper deck. They had mixed dealings with the Kansas fans. They sat next to a guy (they said in mid-30s) and his father, who were very nice and shook my dad's hand after the game and wished Mizzou luck against Oklahoma. But there were also some reeeeeeally drunk Kansas students right behind him that heckled him specifically. They pushed him in the back of the head a few times, and also spit on him. I'm sure there were bad incidents of Mizzou fans harassing Kansas fans, but he did also say the atmosphere was absolutely electric. I hope Missouri can get a similar crowd and turnout next week in San Antonio.
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: Kansas or Missouri ?
Though I disagree with them, I don't especially have a problem with those who say West Virginia is a better team than Mizzou.lukethedrifter wrote:After last night's game, as dominant as the Tigers were through most of the game, I can see why there are doubts about Mizzou as the number 1 team in the country.
They have had an incredible season and I definitely don't want to diminish what they have accomplished. They should be proud of themselves.
Still I understand why some of the pundit sorts aren't fully on the bandwagon as far as being the top team in the country.
The beautiful thing is that they can win two more games and it won't matter who doubted them.
GO TIGERS!
What I don't get are those that think Ohio State is better.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Re: Kansas or Missouri ?
MrCrowesGarden wrote:Though I disagree with them, I don't especially have a problem with those who say West Virginia is a better team than Mizzou.lukethedrifter wrote:After last night's game, as dominant as the Tigers were through most of the game, I can see why there are doubts about Mizzou as the number 1 team in the country.
They have had an incredible season and I definitely don't want to diminish what they have accomplished. They should be proud of themselves.
Still I understand why some of the pundit sorts aren't fully on the bandwagon as far as being the top team in the country.
The beautiful thing is that they can win two more games and it won't matter who doubted them.
GO TIGERS!
What I don't get are those that think Ohio State is better.
I'm not sure that I can make a case that Ohio State is "better", but I think they're certainly as good. Their only loss was to a top 15 team, just like Missouri.
- longhornbaseball
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 5527
- Joined: April 18 06, 10:37 pm
Re: Kansas or Missouri ?
I deliver pizza for Domino's. On Friday I worked from 5pm-2am and made $75 in tips. On Saturday I worked from 5-8 and made $65.
- GatewaySnayke
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11923
- Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
- Location: GatewaySnaykebird
Re: Kansas or Missouri ?
West Virginia fans are babies. Who gets upset because their team is ranked #2 and playing Pittsburgh on Saturday? Ridiculous. They are almost a guarantee to reach New Orleans and they won't stop flooding the interactive ESPN show with lame comments.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Kansas or Missouri ?
so...better mu athletics means better tips for longhorn?longhornbaseball wrote:I deliver pizza for Domino's. On Friday I worked from 5pm-2am and made $75 in tips. On Saturday I worked from 5-8 and made $65.
there we go



