Jocephus' playlist (AKA What music are you listening to?)

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
User avatar
docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief
Posts: 24741
Joined: April 18 06, 6:54 pm

Re: Jocephus' playlist (AKA What music are you listening to?)

Post by docellis »

GatewaySnayke wrote:If the Rilo Kiley video shows their lead singer at all, well, let's just say some things will go into hibernation. Yuck.
I haven't seen a full body, clinical shot of her but she looks very attractive to me. From what I have seen.

User avatar
rs232
Everyday Player
Posts: 464
Joined: May 24 06, 9:02 am
Location: Inland Empire, CA

Re: Jocephus' playlist (AKA What music are you listening to?)

Post by rs232 »

John Mayer: Stop This Train
Beanfield feat. Bajka: Tides
Thompson Twins: Doctor! Doctor!
Abra Moore: Four Leaf Clover
Modest Mouse: The World At Large
Warren Zevon: Johnny Strikes Up The Band


This is a great thread! Not sure why I overlooked it for so long...

User avatar
GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11923
Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
Location: GatewaySnaykebird

Re: Jocephus' playlist (AKA What music are you listening to?)

Post by GatewaySnayke »

docellis wrote:
GatewaySnayke wrote:If the Rilo Kiley video shows their lead singer at all, well, let's just say some things will go into hibernation. Yuck.
I haven't seen a full body, clinical shot of her but she looks very attractive to me. From what I have seen.
She's definitely not.

User avatar
GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11923
Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
Location: GatewaySnaykebird

Re: Jocephus' playlist (AKA What music are you listening to?)

Post by GatewaySnayke »

I will never watch 'Boy Meets World' the same again. I had no idea that the guitarist played Joey the Rat. Jesus, what's next -- is Ben Savage going to start fronting Death Cab For Cutie?

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12536
Joined: April 25 06, 6:43 pm
Location: Austin

Re: Jocephus' playlist (AKA What music are you listening to?)

Post by Arthur Dent »

GatewaySnayke wrote:
docellis wrote:
GatewaySnayke wrote:If the Rilo Kiley video shows their lead singer at all, well, let's just say some things will go into hibernation. Yuck.
I haven't seen a full body, clinical shot of her but she looks very attractive to me. From what I have seen.
She's definitely not.
Making good music is hot. I'm afraid I can't separate that aspect. She seems very attractive to me.

User avatar
GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11923
Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
Location: GatewaySnaykebird

Re: Jocephus' playlist (AKA What music are you listening to?)

Post by GatewaySnayke »

Arthur Dent wrote:
GatewaySnayke wrote:
docellis wrote:
GatewaySnayke wrote:If the Rilo Kiley video shows their lead singer at all, well, let's just say some things will go into hibernation. Yuck.
I haven't seen a full body, clinical shot of her but she looks very attractive to me. From what I have seen.
She's definitely not.
Making good music is hot. I'm afraid I can't separate that aspect. She seems very attractive to me.
Yeah, but that's like when people tell me Amy Lee is hot because they think Evanscence makes good music. Courtney Love made good music, yet she's still gross.

User avatar
rs232
Everyday Player
Posts: 464
Joined: May 24 06, 9:02 am
Location: Inland Empire, CA

Re: Jocephus' playlist (AKA What music are you listening to?)

Post by rs232 »

Arthur Dent wrote:Making good music is hot. I'm afraid I can't separate that aspect.
Big agreement with you on that statement.

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12536
Joined: April 25 06, 6:43 pm
Location: Austin

Re: Jocephus' playlist (AKA What music are you listening to?)

Post by Arthur Dent »

GatewaySnayke wrote:
Arthur Dent wrote:
GatewaySnayke wrote:
docellis wrote:
GatewaySnayke wrote:If the Rilo Kiley video shows their lead singer at all, well, let's just say some things will go into hibernation. Yuck.
I haven't seen a full body, clinical shot of her but she looks very attractive to me. From what I have seen.
She's definitely not.
Making good music is hot. I'm afraid I can't separate that aspect. She seems very attractive to me.
Yeah, but that's like when people tell me Amy Lee is hot because they think Evanscence makes good music. Courtney Love made good music, yet she's still gross.
C'mon, those comparisons are just rude. Anyway, this discussion has inspired me to get tickets to see Rilo Kiley when they come through Austin this October so I can give a full report.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Jocephus' playlist (AKA What music are you listening to?)

Post by Jocephus »

i got these cds today

1)southern culture on the skids - ditch diggin'
2)southern culture on the skids - mojo box
3)james brown - hell
4)james brown - sex machine (live)
5)queens of the stone age - songs for the deaf

i should be getting
the dave brubeck quartet - time out

tomorrow

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Jocephus' playlist (AKA What music are you listening to?)

Post by lukethedrifter »

did someone just call jenny lewis the aaron miles of alt rock?

Post Reply