I'm paying you money, so do what I say

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Post Reply
User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Post by lukethedrifter »

My sis charges me the brother rate of $10 and I leave her another $10. Gus charged between $8 and $10 and I gave him $2 tip.


I imagine I have probably paid $25 somewhere along the way.

User avatar
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11719
Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Location: Southwestern Illinois

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Post by mikechamp »

docellis wrote:To all:
What is the most you have spent - or would be willing to spend - on a hair cut?
The most I have spent is around $50 (and luckily I had a coupon). That was when I was "barber shopping" after first moving up here years ago.

I've settled on a hair stylist now that costs me just short of $40.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Post by Michael »

barber shopping? 40 bucks? mike is a foofoo nancy-boy. :wink:

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13356
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Post by JCShutout »

Yeah, I now go in and say, "I'm growing it long, don't take ANY length off". Just clean it up and thin it out (I have the thickest hair in the world).

User avatar
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
Posts: 23718
Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Post by G. Keenan »

docellis wrote:To all:
What is the most you have spent - or would be willing to spend - on a hair cut?

I spend $30 where I go, and even though I tell myself every time that I'm not gonna do it, I tip the woman $20, because she's hot, so I end up spending $50 for a cut that isn't anything special. But I get a haircut like once every 6 weeks so it's not that big a deal.

User avatar
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11719
Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Location: Southwestern Illinois

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Post by mikechamp »

Michael wrote:barber shopping? 40 bucks? mike is a foofoo nancy-boy. :wink:
Then what does that make G. Keenan? Maybe we should start calling him "G.....Q".

Mine is pretty attractive too, but she only gets 20%.

User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Post by Cronos »

My hair is simple; if I have to spend more than 15 bucks on a haircut, I've spent too much. Typically it's $12 and I leave a 2 or 3 dollar tip depending on how good the service was.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Post by Jocephus »

i get one haircut a year...around november...i do it myself

User avatar
arnie.k
All-Star
Posts: 1261
Joined: August 3 06, 7:40 am
Location: is everything...

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Post by arnie.k »

man, i wish i could still get haircuts :)

User avatar
Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators
Posts: 11413
Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Post by Tambourine Man »

arnie.k wrote:man, i wish i could still get haircuts :)
Nah, I like my barber.

ImageImage

Post Reply