Name a living person and a dead person you would want to have dinner with
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Name a living person and a dead person you would want to have dinner with
Just curious. If you could have dinner and discuss any topics you wish with one living person and one dead person, who would it be? What would you talk about with that person?
- mikechamp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11714
- Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
- Location: Southwestern Illinois
Re: Name a living person and a dead person you would want to have dinner with
The very first thing that popped into my head this morning was:
Eric Johnson
Jimi Hendrix
It wouldn't be for my benefit, as I don't play an instrument. It would be my gift to all guitarists and musicians. I'd reserve the right to interject a dumb question every once in a while, but we'd probably edit that out of the recording.
If I took more time, I could probably think of something more profound, but that's what I've got for you as of now.
EDIT - I've got a personal one. My deceased grandfather and my 2 kids who never met him. Yeah, that's 1 over the limit on the living, but they're my kids. I can't choose which one gets to meet him and which one doesn't.
Eric Johnson
Jimi Hendrix
It wouldn't be for my benefit, as I don't play an instrument. It would be my gift to all guitarists and musicians. I'd reserve the right to interject a dumb question every once in a while, but we'd probably edit that out of the recording.
If I took more time, I could probably think of something more profound, but that's what I've got for you as of now.
EDIT - I've got a personal one. My deceased grandfather and my 2 kids who never met him. Yeah, that's 1 over the limit on the living, but they're my kids. I can't choose which one gets to meet him and which one doesn't.
- Fat_Bulldog
- likes to grate his own cheese
- Posts: 12861
- Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
- Location: Drunk
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Name a living person and a dead person you would want to have dinner with
Living: Barack Obama
Dead: Alexander Hamilton
Dead: Alexander Hamilton
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Name a living person and a dead person you would want to have dinner with
Do we get unfettered access to their knowledge and they would tell the truth (eg, no reason hendrix would lie about how to play the guitar) or is it going to be the public persona (eg, putin/trump spouting propoganda). And, does this dinner happen simultaneously or are they separate.
Regardless, I think the dead person would be Jesus Christ - I don't know if a dinner would be long enough, but there's a general question as to the truth of what was reported on his life as well as, well, everything. Plus, the possible upside of turning water into wine would be handy.
If simultaneous, I'd probably choose someone like Neil deGrasse Tyson or even Elon Musk that knows infinitely more about the space/time continuum.
If not simultaneous and we get unfettered access to knowledge, I'd go with Obama. If not simultaneous and we get the public persona, I'd probably go with NDT.
Regardless, I think the dead person would be Jesus Christ - I don't know if a dinner would be long enough, but there's a general question as to the truth of what was reported on his life as well as, well, everything. Plus, the possible upside of turning water into wine would be handy.
If simultaneous, I'd probably choose someone like Neil deGrasse Tyson or even Elon Musk that knows infinitely more about the space/time continuum.
If not simultaneous and we get unfettered access to knowledge, I'd go with Obama. If not simultaneous and we get the public persona, I'd probably go with NDT.
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Name a living person and a dead person you would want to have dinner with
It's one on one. And the person has to be generally forthcoming and honest about whatever you want to talk about. But I also think it would have to be a pleasant experience, not a hostile interview. So, yeah, like Putin or Trump probably wouldn't tell you what is/was really going on. But you could talk to Obama or Mueller and ask them what they know about it and they would answer.AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote: ↑February 23 21, 10:55 amDo we get unfettered access to their knowledge and they would tell the truth (eg, no reason hendrix would lie about how to play the guitar) or is it going to be the public persona (eg, putin/trump spouting propoganda). And, does this dinner happen simultaneously or are they separate.
Regardless, I think the dead person would be Jesus Christ - I don't know if a dinner would be long enough, but there's a general question as to the truth of what was reported on his life as well as, well, everything. Plus, the possible upside of turning water into wine would be handy.
If simultaneous, I'd probably choose someone like Neil deGrasse Tyson or even Elon Musk that knows infinitely more about the space/time continuum.
If not simultaneous and we get unfettered access to knowledge, I'd go with Obama. If not simultaneous and we get the public persona, I'd probably go with NDT.
Jesus is a very interesting choice. That would be a heck of a conversation.
- mikechamp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11714
- Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
- Location: Southwestern Illinois
Re: Name a living person and a dead person you would want to have dinner with
Didn't know about the one-on-one parameter. I thought this was a 3-person dinner.
Disregard my choices then. I'll have to rethink it.
Disregard my choices then. I'll have to rethink it.
- GeddyWrox
- Caught you a delicious bass
- Posts: 14665
- Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
- Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Re: Name a living person and a dead person you would want to have dinner with
You could do it either way. It's your dinner! LOL... in fact, it might be fun to do it all in one with my choices to get to hear Obama speak with Hamilton!
- Fat_Bulldog
- likes to grate his own cheese
- Posts: 12861
- Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
- Location: Drunk
Re: Name a living person and a dead person you would want to have dinner with
If it's separate, I stick with my original answer.
If it's a 3 person dinner, I'm going with Santa Claus and Jesus Christ. I'm getting to the bottom of everything once and for all.
If it's a 3 person dinner, I'm going with Santa Claus and Jesus Christ. I'm getting to the bottom of everything once and for all.
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12891
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Name a living person and a dead person you would want to have dinner with
I've been thinking about this for a an hour or so now. I guess there aren't too many alive people I don't already know that I want to chat with.
I think Obama.
Dead is tricky too, I've lost so many family and friends along the way I'd love to talk to them all again, but I definitely say my Grandpa is tops on the list. I miss him everyday and he was so full of wisdom. I feel like I barely got to hear 1/10 of it.
I think Obama.
Dead is tricky too, I've lost so many family and friends along the way I'd love to talk to them all again, but I definitely say my Grandpa is tops on the list. I miss him everyday and he was so full of wisdom. I feel like I barely got to hear 1/10 of it.



