Rant/Rave: Bourbon

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Post Reply
User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon

Post by haltz »

At Binny's in IL there is Sazerac Rye right now.
We got multiples of it at the end of last week along with several Eagle Rare and Weller which is unusual.

User avatar
themiddle54
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4524
Joined: August 24 10, 2:49 pm

Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon

Post by themiddle54 »

haltz wrote:
At Binny's in IL there is Sazerac Rye right now.
We got multiples of it at the end of last week along with several Eagle Rare and Weller which is unusual.
Yeah, same. There's more booze this year. It's a good thing.

User avatar
themiddle54
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4524
Joined: August 24 10, 2:49 pm

Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon

Post by themiddle54 »

Also found 3-Year Willet Rye at a specialty shop this week plus they had some Rowan's Creek and Noah's Mill on the shelves. Some good stuff out in the wild right now. Should be just a bit longer til the BTAC stuff rolls out.

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon

Post by thrill »

Where I live in Florida either gets more or is way less discerning than where I lived in Phoenix, because I've been drinking extremely well since I got here. EH Taylor Barrel Proof, Weller 7, and Lagavulin 16. All readily available at one store in particular.

User avatar
themiddle54
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4524
Joined: August 24 10, 2:49 pm

Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon

Post by themiddle54 »

Just got some Johnny Drum 101 and some Old Bardstown. They're both from the same distillery as Rowan's Creek and Noah's Mill, both of which I love. Old Bardstown is kinda blah. Johnny Drum 101 is kinda WOW!!!

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Was fortunate enough to have some 12 year Pappy Van Winkle today. I have seen the light on bourbon.

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon

Post by thrill »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Was fortunate enough to have some 12 year Pappy Van Winkle today. I have seen the light on bourbon.
That'll turn the light on, for sure.

User avatar
themiddle54
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4524
Joined: August 24 10, 2:49 pm

Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon

Post by themiddle54 »

The 12- and 15-year are my favorites. I know people go nuts for the 23-year and pay a few thousand bucks for a bottle, but to me it's too oaky and out-of-balance. The 15 is my sweet spot, and the 12 is awfully damn good.

User avatar
themiddle54
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4524
Joined: August 24 10, 2:49 pm

Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon

Post by themiddle54 »

Rant: My Mrs, a lovely human, had her yoga buddies over for dinner tonight because it's her turn in the rotation to host their monthly dinner party, and I have returned home to find that they opened some irreplaceable stuff. I have two cabinets, the one with the stuff that we drink and the one with the stuff I open only to dust the bottles, and they had a gay ol time with the latter. The bottles of Pinot Grigio and Zinfandel and Chenin Blanc that said yoga buddies brought to dinner, however, remain unopened on the island in the kitchen. I know it was that [expletive] Buzz* who got the party going, boyfriend of one yoga buddy who was eyeballing the good cabinet last fall, like oooh can we open this and ooooh can I taste that and I was like nope sorry dog I'm not opening those for anything less than a godchild's graduation or wedding or something like that. I hate that Buzz with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

*I don't know his Christian name but that's what he goes by. Buzz.

User avatar
Swirls
gone fission
Posts: 8299
Joined: December 11 07, 4:15 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: Rant/Rave: Bourbon

Post by Swirls »

And Mrs TM54 said it was fine to open those expensive bottles of bourbon?

Post Reply