the lottery
- go birds
- -go birds
- Posts: 32057
- Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Re: the lottery
really thought i was gonna wake up and be a member of the 2-comma club today
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: the lottery
as ridiculous and absurd it is, i still felt like "i had a chance" yesterday. even though all parts of my being know how unlikely it is/will be there was still that glimmer. the dumb and dumber quote really is perfect.
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: the lottery
Heard an interesting statement yesterday that if you lined up baseballs all the way from maine to LA along a road, designated a single baseball as the winner, then drove along that road and chose a baseball, you'd be 4 times more likely to pick the winning baseball than win the powerball.
- Radbird
- There's someone in my head but it's not me
- Posts: 62340
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
- Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II
Re: the lottery
First they take our football team. Now they take our powerball.
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: the lottery
I hate living in a world where I can't strong-arm a small town with nearly unlimited resources.
- stlouie_lipp
- Hallelujah Brother
- Posts: 13380
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Re: the lottery
This is great. The video is even better.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ram ... li=BBnba9I
Rams' Chris Long appears on local news as 'Hopeful Powerball Player'

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ram ... li=BBnba9I
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: the lottery
Not quite the same, but you can join that Oregon Standoff movement.Michael wrote:I hate living in a world where I can't strong-arm a small town with nearly unlimited resources.
I'm really pissed - I was going to buy a Frontier League team franchise for the small town and have Jim operate it - ala - Kurt Russell's -dad style.
....anyway, we are all still winners in the gene pool -as Cardinal fans.

- Myles
- Everyday Player
- Posts: 407
- Joined: July 10 14, 1:41 pm
Re: the lottery
Me too. Sure would be nice.Michael wrote:I hate living in a world where I can't strong-arm a small town with nearly unlimited resources.
- Maclowery
- Child Pot Activist
- Posts: 7742
- Joined: June 15 06, 7:27 am
- Location: NYC
Re: the lottery
Alternatives: Find a submissive wife and raise a large family. Volunteer to be a crossing guard. Run a sweet table-top roleplaying night as a strict DM. Commission a fantasy football league and run it like Ruxin does. There are still ways to instill a sense of fear among the subservient without being a billionaire. 1% unite! Ayn Rand forever! Trump 2016! Road House: The Prequel!
- Myles
- Everyday Player
- Posts: 407
- Joined: July 10 14, 1:41 pm
Re: the lottery
I don't get what your issue is. You wouldn't do what you wanted with your money?Maclowery wrote:Alternatives: Find a submissive wife and raise a large family. Volunteer to be a crossing guard. Run a sweet table-top roleplaying night as a strict DM. Commission a fantasy football league and run it like Ruxin does. There are still ways to instill a sense of fear among the subservient without being a billionaire. 1% unite! Ayn Rand forever! Trump 2016! Road House: The Prequel!
Giving money away to be used on something you approve of is NOT wrong.




