Rave: First Trip to Vegas
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: Rave: First Trip to Vegas
Wynn launched one of the worst websites I've ever seen today: http://www.wynnlasvegas.com/
Trust me, poke around the website, it's full of so many weird nuggets.
I'm pretty sure they stole my geocities beannie babies fan site design I had in the 90's.
Trust me, poke around the website, it's full of so many weird nuggets.
I'm pretty sure they stole my geocities beannie babies fan site design I had in the 90's.
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Rave: First Trip to Vegas

They're missing something quintessential to vegas.
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18725
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: Rave: First Trip to Vegas
Heading back to Vegas at the end of June for a weekend...wooo!!
We're staying @ the Palms & likely not going to head far from there, has anyone ever stayed there?
We're staying @ the Palms & likely not going to head far from there, has anyone ever stayed there?
-
TimeForGuinness
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 20007
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm
Re: Rave: First Trip to Vegas
That's just horrible to look at. I'm literally shaking my head at work.Michael wrote:Wynn launched one of the worst websites I've ever seen today: http://www.wynnlasvegas.com/
Trust me, poke around the website, it's full of so many weird nuggets.
I'm pretty sure they stole my geocities beannie babies fan site design I had in the 90's.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Rave: First Trip to Vegas
[/youtube]
- JohnnyJay
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4914
- Joined: April 18 06, 6:37 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Rave: First Trip to Vegas
cardinalkarp wrote:Heading back to Vegas at the end of June for a weekend...wooo!!
We're staying @ the Palms & likely not going to head far from there, has anyone ever stayed there?
The Palms is off the main strip (I'm sure you knew that). I've never stayed there, but I have been there quite a few times. It's a cool place. There's a bar there that literally has a line to get in the line to get in the club. And it's crazy expensive.
We are headed back in May and staying at The Flamingo, main reason being that it's pretty centrally located in the strip.
Have fun!
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: Rave: First Trip to Vegas
I've never stayed there, but the palms is like the new Hard Rock. Young people and celebrities hangout there. I had a good Italian meal at NOVE Italiano. The Palms is considered a locals casino so the gaming odds are great in comparison to the strip.cardinalkarp wrote:Heading back to Vegas at the end of June for a weekend...wooo!!
We're staying @ the Palms & likely not going to head far from there, has anyone ever stayed there?
Across the street is Gold Coast Casino, which has cheap gaming and is kinda dumpy. However, interestingly The Gold Coast features one of the best Chinese restaurants in Las Vegas called Ping Pang Pong. Their Dim Sum is legendary.
Also across the street is The Rio, which houses one of my favorite shows, Penn and Teller. If you wait about a month before you leave you'll be able to find some really good ticket deals. The Rio's gaming odds blow so don't gamble there. Also, The Rio has a shuttle to the strip, if that interests you.
- thrill
- bronoun enthusiast
- Posts: 30539
- Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
- Location: barely online
Re: Rave: First Trip to Vegas
The Palms is the site of the only drug-induced freak out of my life. I still have like $85 in chips from when I left the blackjack table in a panic when in a combination of paranoia, the fear of throwing $100 down the drain from playing while high and the fear of engaging in bad gambling decorum by not knowing what the hell is going on while the other players stare at me in anger when it takes me forever to make a decision. I'm sure none of that was happening, but in the middle of a hand I just grabbed my chips and ran back to my hotel room, threw my chips in suitcase and went to sleep.
- cards2468
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 14745
- Joined: October 28 06, 11:10 pm
- Location: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT
Re: Rave: First Trip to Vegas
Not sure if they're allowed to advertize brothels.AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
They're missing something quintessential to vegas.
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18725
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: Rave: First Trip to Vegas
Cool, thanks for the info. We probably won't have time for a show this time since we'll just be there for a Friday & Saturday night. It's really just a friend of my wife's bday & I'm coming along for the hell of it. I don't gamble a whole lot but may mess around & throw a few bucks down while I'm there. Sounds like we should be able to stay fairly entertained w/o having to venture to the strip...probably going to avoid it this go around, and just eat at the restaurants & clubs there. Well that and get [expletive] & go to the pool during the day.Michael wrote:I've never stayed there, but the palms is like the new Hard Rock. Young people and celebrities hangout there. I had a good Italian meal at NOVE Italiano. The Palms is it's considered a locals casino so the gaming odds are great in comparison to the strip.cardinalkarp wrote:Heading back to Vegas at the end of June for a weekend...wooo!!
We're staying @ the Palms & likely not going to head far from there, has anyone ever stayed there?
Across the street is Gold Coast Casino, which has cheap gaming and is kinda dumpy. However, interestingly The Gold Coast features one of the best Chinese restaurants in Las Vegas called Ping Pang Pong. Their Dim Sum is legendary.
Also across the street is The Rio, which houses one of my favorite shows, Penn and Teller. If you wait about a month before you leave you'll be able to find some really good ticket deals. The Rio's gaming odds blow so don't gamble there. Also, The Rio has a shuttle to the strip, if that interests you.

