Posting Copyrighted Material

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Posting Copyrighted Material

Post by Michael »

All,

Due to legal reasons please do not copy and paste full articles. Instead post a link and quote a small part part of the article with relevant information.

I don't want to get sued and have to shut GRB down. :wink:

I appreciate everyone's understanding! Let me know if there are any questions or concerns.

--Michael

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38614
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Re: Posting Copyrighted Material

Post by sighyoung »

Michael,

Does that apply to photos or other pictures? I know I paste a lot on here, and wonder if that's causing you any legal issues.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Posting Copyrighted Material

Post by Michael »

Good question. I don't think that's an issue. I just don't want full articles posted. Thanks!

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: Posting Copyrighted Material

Post by haltz »

As long as you don't post photos of popcorn experts in buttshorts, you'll be fine.

User avatar
Cole Burns
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3749
Joined: July 30 06, 10:53 am
Location: I'm not here.

Re: Posting Copyrighted Material

Post by Cole Burns »

haltz wrote:As long as you don't post photos of popcorn experts in buttshorts, you'll be fine.
I find popcorn to be the most sensual of all salty snacks.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43286
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Posting Copyrighted Material

Post by heyzeus »

Who sent you a cease & desist letter? Let me write the response! Hire me!

User avatar
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11717
Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Location: Southwestern Illinois

Re: Posting Copyrighted Material

Post by mikechamp »

heyzeus - Just copy the defense you were going to use against KLaw.

User avatar
doe_boy
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 10738
Joined: April 25 06, 9:48 am
Location: Appleton, WI

Re: Posting Copyrighted Material

Post by doe_boy »

bots be buzzin'!

User avatar
cards2468
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 14745
Joined: October 28 06, 11:10 pm
Location: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

Re: Posting Copyrighted Material

Post by cards2468 »

Is this in response to that new [expletive] law aimed at destroying websites in the name of making sure a corrupt industry gets every penny they believe they deserve?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Posting Copyrighted Material

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Are tweets copyright protected?

Post Reply