St. Louis Rams 2011 Offseason Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: St. Louis Rams 2011 Offseason Thread

Post by Freed Roger »

howski3318 wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:It's probably Alexander and Gilyard cut, though Pettis hasn't shown a thing, he won't be cut because he was a 3rd rounder.

1. Sims-Walker
2. Clayton (if healthy, otherwise, PUP)
3. Amendola
4. Avery
5. Gibson
6. Salas
7. Pettis
That looks about right. If everyone stays healthy, Pettis and Salas will be inactive every game so it doesn't matter if he hasn't shown anything yet. I don't think he would clear waivers to put him on the PS and that would be a waste of a 3rd rounder if they lost him.
Agreed with Pebbles - that is nothing but a lot question marks. I like some of those guys - but for all the talk about the upgrades at the position -it remains to be seen. They need one or two guys with some presence and that the opposing D fears - so as to keep defenses honest and from stacking up the inside.

Yeah I feel bad for D Alexander -the injuries -and he hasn't hung onto the ball enough IMO. I am curious if the Rams have the cajones to cut the local fan fave-guy, even if it makes sense to do so.

User avatar
Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat
Posts: 6630
Joined: February 4 10, 4:35 pm

Re: St. Louis Rams 2011 Offseason Thread

Post by Lesson »

Alright, pretty much just hoping no injuries. Want to see how the rookie DBs look tonight and how Selvie/Sims/Ah You perform.

User avatar
Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat
Posts: 6630
Joined: February 4 10, 4:35 pm

Re: St. Louis Rams 2011 Offseason Thread

Post by Lesson »

Hall down.

[expletive].

User avatar
Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat
Posts: 6630
Joined: February 4 10, 4:35 pm

Re: St. Louis Rams 2011 Offseason Thread

Post by Lesson »

Lance Kendricks is the real deal.

User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: St. Louis Rams 2011 Offseason Thread

Post by Cronos »

I've come away pretty impressed by Thaddeus Lewis in this game. He's shown nice mobility, thrown strikes, and taken more than a few shots by the Jags' D, and still stepped up and performed (especially on third down).

Rams look like they're in good position to go 4-0 in the preseason for the first time since...I have no idea. I've certainly never seen it.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: St. Louis Rams 2011 Offseason Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

The Lions went 4-0 the year they lost every game that matters. Nobody cares about an undefeated preseason.

Looked pretty good if you don't mind watching receivers drop balls.

User avatar
Lesson
Grandmaster Flashchat
Posts: 6630
Joined: February 4 10, 4:35 pm

Re: St. Louis Rams 2011 Offseason Thread

Post by Lesson »

I think Gilyard played himself out of a spot on the final roster today. I don't know what the coaches think about Danario, he had some good plays here and there, but he also had a drop or two.

Avery had a big play.

Post Reply