
Getting into shape
- Radbird
- There's someone in my head but it's not me
- Posts: 62288
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
- Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II
- Radbird
- There's someone in my head but it's not me
- Posts: 62288
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
- Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II
Re: Getting into shape
And as far as the diet part of things. I'm basically following this and have lost 20 lbs so far.
Everything You Know About Nutrition Is Wrong
Everything You Know About Nutrition Is Wrong
- Hudler
- All-Star
- Posts: 2293
- Joined: September 13 06, 12:02 am
- Location: Fulton,MO
Re: Getting into shape
You can laugh, the irony made me post it here. I have Degenerative Disc Disease and every once in a while I move wrong and a leg goes numb and I can't stand up straight for a few days.jim wrote:Please tell me you are not seriously hurt so I can laugh my ass off. I mean it's not funny, but damn that's kind of ironically funny. But not .. getting hurt is not funny.Hudler wrote:I threw out my back trying to assemble my new treadmill...getting old sucks ass.
- stlouie_lipp
- Hallelujah Brother
- Posts: 13380
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Re: Getting into shape
No beer?Radbird wrote:And as far as the diet part of things. I'm basically following this and have lost 20 lbs so far.
Everything You Know About Nutrition Is Wrong
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Getting into shape
Radbird wrote:And as far as the diet part of things. I'm basically following this and have lost 20 lbs so far.
Everything You Know About Nutrition Is Wrong
I've heard Gary Taubes speak and I think he's partly right.
- stlouie_lipp
- Hallelujah Brother
- Posts: 13380
- Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Re: Getting into shape
Which parts do you disagree with?lukethedrifter wrote:Radbird wrote:And as far as the diet part of things. I'm basically following this and have lost 20 lbs so far.
Everything You Know About Nutrition Is Wrong
I've heard Gary Taubes speak and I think he's partly right.
-
jim
- Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
- Posts: 50393
- Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm
Re: Getting into shape
All these rules and stuff. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Just eat normal. Don't stuff yourself, eat some fish, don't eat processed foods, eat some fruit and veggies. Drink some beer, it's good for you. 1-2 a day is ideal. WIne too. If you are fat and you drink a couple a day, don't blame the beer. You are either not exercising enough, eating too much other crap, or just have genetics that won't let you be as thin as you want. Probably most a sedintary lifestyle, which has become the plight of modern civilization.
Just eat normal. Don't stuff yourself, eat some fish, don't eat processed foods, eat some fruit and veggies. Drink some beer, it's good for you. 1-2 a day is ideal. WIne too. If you are fat and you drink a couple a day, don't blame the beer. You are either not exercising enough, eating too much other crap, or just have genetics that won't let you be as thin as you want. Probably most a sedintary lifestyle, which has become the plight of modern civilization.
- cards2468
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 14745
- Joined: October 28 06, 11:10 pm
- Location: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT
Re: Getting into shape
Good advice. Everybody is looking for the easy way out, when it's actually very simple. Just eat right and work out. If you want to be in incredible shape, then yea, you have to look into complex training methods, but if you just want to be healthy and happy, it's pretty simple.jim wrote:All these rules and stuff. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Just eat normal. Don't stuff yourself, eat some fish, don't eat processed foods, eat some fruit and veggies. Drink some beer, it's good for you. 1-2 a day is ideal. WIne too. If you are fat and you drink a couple a day, don't blame the beer. You are either not exercising enough, eating too much other crap, or just have genetics that won't let you be as thin as you want. Probably most a sedintary lifestyle, which has become the plight of modern civilization.
For me, I can't give up beer or soda. I tried to be healthy and cut them out, but then I'd just randomly collapse and have like 6 sodas in a day and drink a dozen beers on a saturday night. Now I have a soda or a beer each day, and it keeps me happy enough that I don't explode. What Americans need to learn is moderation. It's ok to enjoy things that are "bad for you". Just don't live off stuff that's bad for you.
- Cronos
- In perpetuum
- Posts: 34778
- Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Getting into shape
This.cards2468 wrote:What Americans need to learn is moderation. It's ok to enjoy things that are "bad for you". Just don't live off stuff that's bad for you.
And to learn not to rely on food/drink for emotional regulation.
-
jim
- Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
- Posts: 50393
- Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm
Re: Getting into shape
Our serving sizes are just absurd in this country. The only thing I will buy from McDonalds is their coffee, and now they are selling everything for $1. They almost won't accept when I tell them I don't want a large. Why in the hell would I want 24 oz. of coffee when I want at most 12? Just because it's free? That's ridiculous. That's the problem, people think they HAVE to take the "bargain" and end up super-sizing or whatever. Buffet's should really be avoided by people with this idea. Eat until you get sick because it's on the house - yeah great idea. How about pay the same amount and eat until you are full and then stop?Cronos69 wrote:This.cards2468 wrote:What Americans need to learn is moderation. It's ok to enjoy things that are "bad for you". Just don't live off stuff that's bad for you.
And to learn not to rely on food/drink for emotional regulation.




